[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Reply to Jefferson

Reply to Jefferson

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Spork

Clear

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:42 am

Reply to Jefferson

<<

Zendon

Clear

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 am

re Jefferson

<<

WrongPlaceRightTime

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Questions for Jefferson

Dear Jefferson,
I was wondering if you would be so kind to answer a few questions that I have for you. Did you ever spend substantial time in scientology run daycare? Your parents were self employed so that means they were not on staff at the Church of Scientology? Have you heard any of the other accounts of LRH's real life? What if that stuff is true? Would it make you feel differently about Scientology if it was revealed that LRH embellished or fabricated much of his "extraordinary" life? Yes, I am sure it would rock your foundation if the Organization was exposed for its covert and often time’s overt wrong doings.

It is definitely a mind quake to come to the realization that you were born into a religious cult. Even so, your ideals are your own because you have owned them, even if the first place you heard about it was in COS. I am into Organic food and natural health as a result of my involvement with Scientology, that concept doesn't become null and void simply because I have discovered that my family was duped and that Scientology is a lie. I also like to make clay sculptures of the images I see in my mind associated with particular ideas about myself and the world. I also use clay to better understand human anatomy. I like this; I am not going to stop just because the first place I happened to encounter this was in COS. The fact of the matter is, Jefferson that LRH synthesized a number of preexisting human knowledge and copyrighted it as his own. The only difference in relationship I have to the two ideas I mentioned above is that I no longer attribute these ideas to LRH. The ideas still exist, LRH is the lie.

I am a person who has spent a lot of time in a Scientology nursery run by a slap-happy troll of a woman. I happily attended Chesapeake Ability School for three years at the onset of my education. My parents were on staff at the DC Org. My father eventually decided to kill himself because he bought into the lie so heavily (and he succeeded). So I have had a way different experience than you and it is all true, it really happened that way, and yes I am outraged and disgusted by the Church Of Scientology and I have a damn good reason to protest.

Sincerely,
JM Boucher
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:42 pm

You guys are welcome to deconstruct this however you choose.

However, let me make a few points:

1) I remember Jefferson very well. He was cool as shit, smart as a whip, and seemed really together. Sweet guy. Wonderful person, really.

2) I put that up because Jefferson is right on certain points, and I wanted to make that clear to people: not all Scientology upbringings are abusive. Some kids DO grow up in Scientology just fine. He left. He's trying to protect his family from what he feels is a threat. this is a very valid point of view.

3) People deal with leaving in a lot of different ways. This is one of them. I don't think anyone should attack his choices. He seems to have done very well for himself.

4) Jefferson did not discount any of these testimonies. He very explicitly stated in a letter to me that if that was my understanding of Scientology, then OK.

5) I personally disagree with his disagreement of the protesting. Nobody likes to be protested against. What I don't understand is that if Scientology is facing allegations of child abuse, why they're not throwing the doors open and addressing the issues themselves. Instead, they're sending us nasty threats and what have you. Still, though, it's his perspective. So OK.

But I don't argue with the people who send me stories. I post them, and let people digest them, because all of these viewpoints are valid ones.

I really think he ought to be totally commended for putting his views on this site. I mean, are you kidding me? What a brave, open and honest thing to do! He approached someone he felt was doing something totally wrong, and had an open and honest dialogue with me, treated the site and myself with respect... I can't even imagine how his behavior and attitude could have been any better. Fucking awesome.

This made me miss Jefferson, even though the last time I saw him was like, a decade ago.
<<

WrongPlaceRightTime

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:05 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 pm

<<

WrongPlaceRightTime

EPFer

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 am

[quote="Tru2form"] We criticize Scientologists and Scientology supporters for being unable to see our side of the story, for their blatant and total refusal to look at what's going on within that organization. So it's only fair that when a "young man without religion" writes after they have really looked at it, to listen. And subsequently, it's only fair that we listen to them, as long as they're willing to share with us like that.

[end quote="Tru2form"]

yes, true true, you speak the true. Jefferson, are you ther? are you reading this? you dont have to it might blow your mind. and a mind is only blown when ready for blowing. so in good time. in good time.
<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 pm

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm

This is a fascinating thread. I am happily sipping my coffee readin through these good arguments. I am not going to throw in my 2 cents though. I am too sleepy to think of anything valid to add. 8)
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Return to Your Story