Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:41 am

A story (+1)

hey, I know these stories aren't really related to Scientology, but for me they are.....the represent important junctions for me during my formative years in the org (my parents wouldn't pay for babysitters, so I spent my childhood running around in the local orgs, much to their dismay) and this is the "my story" section, so here we go!

Anyway, I can't remember where I first got the idea for these, but I know they are based on things I read at a VERY young age....perhaps Isaac Asimov? Well, regardless, I found them poignant to say the least.

Story 1:

Once, as I traveled the lands, I came upon a home on the edge of the forest. Hoping for a meal and a place to rest, I went to the door. The farmer, (his name I have forgotten) kindly asked me to come in. To my surprise, I saw a three-legged hog sprawled under the trestle table. I inquired of the farmer, "What need have you of a three-legged swine? Why in your home, not rutting in a sty?"

"Well...", spoke the farmer, "Let me just tell you about that hog. That Hog can talk. It can help plant the crops, and has a nose for gold...it pans the creek and brings in wealth. It's great with the little ones, and the wife and I need never worry when we go to market and leave them at home."

"Astounding!", said I. "But why has it only three legs?"

The farmer looked at me as if shocked by my obtuseness. "Well, you don't eat a hog like that all at once!", said he.

Story 2:

Walking along the verge outside my cliffside home one day, I was alarmed to hear the roaring of a lion. As I turned to run back to the safety of my home I, the cliff crumbled beneath me. I managed to grab onto a scrawny berry bush that had taken root on the face of the cliff. Soon, the lion appeared above me, licking its chops. I heard another roar beneath my swinging legs, and looked down to behold yet another lion, pacing the river's edge below me. Just then, the bushes' hold on the cliff began to give way, and a moment later, two grasshoppers - one black, and one white - landed on the stem and began chewing away at it's fleshy base. As the root began to loosen it's hold, I noticed a single berry hanging from a jutting twig. I plucked it and tossed it into my mouth.
How sweet it tasted.
James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy