[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Never was a scientologist, about to be a parent

Never was a scientologist, about to be a parent

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

anondc

EPFer

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Never was a scientologist, about to be a parent

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:13 am

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Never was a scientologist, about to be a parent

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:31 pm

<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 pm

<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 pm

<<

evan

EPFer

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:33 am

"And stay happy!" - Philip Gale
<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 am

My personal opinion on this is that every situation is unique. I think that some of the parents are victims, others are perpetrators. Some were already suffering from a mental illness (pre-scientology), others like the idea of the power and control they "appear" to gain over others as scientologists.

What it all comes down to, for me, is that anyone who can be convinced to disconnect from their child(ren) is seriously misguided. If they were thinking straight, I don't think we would see this level of disconnection with scientology families. Those of you whose parents have disconnected from you, my heart goes out to you. I hope with all that I am that your parents realize the error of their decision and once again include you in their lives.......soon.

I heard a conversation between a mother and her child. The child asked the mother, "Would you still love me unconditionally if I murdered someone? Would you still talk to me and visit me?" The mother replied, "Absolutely, but I would never tell you that it is acceptable to murder someone. I will always love you, visit with you, talk with you,, no matter what."

One thing my parent always said to me when I was growing up was "I like you, I just don't like your behavior. Choose a different behavior." I'm sure that most of you (ex-sci kids) heard the same thing, if not then something similar. I felt that I was loved conditionally being that I heard this over and over again. I don't know, I suppose that wasn't the message I was meant to receive but that is what I heard.

Anyway, I completely understand the OP's feelings of anger. I cycle through anger, compassion, and disbelief.....among other emotions.
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi

Return to Your Story