[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - I just took my first psych drug

I just took my first psych drug

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Now I've been on the meds for about a month. I do feel a difference, mainly in mood stability and feeling less anxiety. I used to wake up with this empty feeling and not seeing any reason to get out of bed. That is all gone now and its really a releif. Also, I used to stress over things and feel like I was cornered, in a way, and not see any real point with my life. Not nessecarily suicidal thoughts, just a feeling that my life is pointless, and that's all gone now.

I'm taking Celexa/Citalopram 20mg a day and that is considered a low dose of a mild form of SSRI, so I know that sideeffects can be a lot worse. I actually havn't had any real side effects except for maybe less a bit less sex drive and dry mouth, but oh well. Not the end of the world.

I still do kind of feel that psych drugs are overprescribed but in my case I really felt that there was something biologocal/chemical that was affecting me since I knew there really shouldn't be a reason for me to feel moody all the time.

My doctor wants me to be on it for at least six months, so when it's time to start lowering the dose I when I'll notice if there is a dependence, I guess. We'll see what happens then.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

AnonLuvn

EPFer

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm

There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.
-Nelson Mandela
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 am

Exactly, Scientology is the "one and only" solution to all mankind's problems.

Scientology don't seem to tolerate any form of competition, thus the biggest scare stories are: psychs, drugs and squirrels.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

AnonymousID-V42B

Clear

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:19 am

"If David Miscaviage declared hell suppressive, I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in /b/."
~Anonymous
<<

Snoware

Clear

Post Sat May 03, 2008 1:02 am

<<

Snoware

Clear

Post Sat May 03, 2008 1:20 am

Last edited by Snoware on Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

anonangel

Clear

Post Sat May 03, 2008 1:34 am

<<

anonangel

Clear

Post Sat May 03, 2008 1:37 am

<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Mon May 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon May 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Previous

Return to Your Story