My Story (part 2) my times in the EPF

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:49 pm

My Story (part 2) my times in the EPF

Well there will be a lot of MU's (LOL) here to people that are not sci mostly so i'll lay out some of them:

I/C stands for in charge
MLO is like the doctor of the SO's
ISO stands for isolation and it is where u get separated to when u get sick.
CSW is like a letter u write to ask permition for something though i don't remember what the initials mean right now.

anything else u can ask me and also i think there's a sticky note down in the SO and Staff forum that explains some of the terms...

I only wrote my EPF times cause i don't have much time cause of college and also because it is long enough and the other stuff is important to say too (sorry for being such a detail person :oops:) so here it goes as i remember it.

Since the first time I stepped foot on the actual EPF, I knew how wrong it was to have dreamed of being on it before. I had been a sort of EPFer twice before I actually went on it, but I guess it was already planned that I didn’t stay on it so I never saw the real hell.

When u are an EPFer u are sort of a soldier/marine/slave. They say that the EPF is like the beginning, like the base of a building, or at least they said that to me. In the EPF u are supposed to prove how much pressure u are willing to take. It’s like an introduction to all the slavery and screaming and cruelty u see later on. Well, in my opinion more like it being the fabulous beginning, it was more of the stage were u are a total nobody to anyone. U are reported just but forgetting to call an SO member sir, even I would be reported for not calling my own brother sir when ever the miracle happened and I got to see him some day. If u are going somewhere and a massive amount of high execs come along u are stuck at the door opening it for them. Plus there’s the million stupid rules u have: no sugar whatsoever (though we had our ways to have it sometimes… mostly with that granola with chocolate raisins), no music (only the bus music obviously… though most bus drivers had a thing for a singer called Sting (LOL) so I ended up knowing all those songs by memory). No free time EVER (not on your birthday, not even if u were so out of clothes that anyone who was an outsider would’ve thought u were a bum) actually if u wanted to buy any personal thing u had to use ur only half -an-hour meal break and once I was actually reported by an SO member that found me in a store 2 minutes after the brake cause I was supposed to be with my group. And also no reading unless it was a tech book. So like I said, we were sort of like gray shirted soldiers.

As I was a minor I was supposed to hide myself from anyone that wasn’t a staff member. They had this rule because if a wog or public saw us and they didn’t understand the SO policies so basically they’d report the church for making children do hard work (whatever, OSA would’ve done their wonderful magic tricks and out of nowhere they would win the case with a poof). So, like I was saying mostly we did underground work and early cleaning. We would have 7 hours of sleep (or at leas supposed to have). Leave the QI by 5:30 AM and I think we had to finish our breakfast by 6:15 or so (considering that traveling over to the base would take a half an hour or so we had around 15 minutes to breakfast If we were lucky) and every time we had a meal they’d yell “EPF, clean up!” (I just mention that thing because it sort of makes me imagine the house elves from Harry Potter rushing around Hogwarts)

As far as work, it went from cleaning the whole 10 floors of the FH, preparing events in the least time possible and that meant carrying huge machines, rushing up and down the stairs, work till very late into the night and sometimes miss the bus and having to wait till it was like 12 or 1 AM to be able to go home. Sometimes we worked with the guys that build the scenery for events. That was sort of fun in a way and they only sent us to do it mostly cause it was away from the public back in the Hacienda so the minors were very fitted for it. They made us study very hard, and most people were pushed to study hard and fast cause the least u took on the 5 courses the least u’d have to do the mest work and u’d pass on into the FRU. I wasn’t very good at it though and my advantage on study was like non existent so I was the main target to yell at after months past and I was still on the second course because the damned e-meter’s needle would not F/N.

There was this time were the Tampa org was about to get finished. They would send huge groups of EPFers over there. It was sort of far from the staff college so if u were in that unit u had like half the study time that a normal EPF would get cause they spent the day there. They only had a sandwich to eat mostly and would spend up to even 5 days with no sleep working on the building. They only sent me once over there when it was almost finished.

Other normal jobs for EPFers was lifting up huge boxes and bags and things that weighted as much as we did but they didn’t really care.

Anyways the whole tension was driving me up the wall and I regretted a million times to have cheated on that exam. I just saw how the cadets got to be with their families and have actual rewards and sleep time and all… I missed the cadet org very much. Over and over I’d send CSW’s requesting to come back to the cadet org. It was a huge mistake. Every time I sent one the I/C’s would shove me into the office in the middle of study time and yell at me in the face and then assigning me gross and very hard work as a punishment. One of the most common ones was to clean all the CB’s trashcans (they weren’t the normal trashcans u see everywhere when ur neighbors take out the trash, no! the were industrial ones! They were taller than I was and u could fit like twenty people of my size in there). They smelled horribly and actually there was so much worms and roches and rats that I actually got used to them. And it was actually also pretty normal that someone would not realize I was in there and throw the trash in… and there went my cleaning… I had to start all over again.

We would only study on Mondays. The whole morning or sometimes the whole days depending on what level u were in.

There was this time though when we got to be free, me and other minors. This girl faked to have a cold, called the MLO who apparently was very busy to take the matter more seriously and told her to stay in the QI ISO for then and call later. Others started following the same process and almost every minor ender up in ISO. I’ll tell a better story about it later though. The thing is we got very busted for it and our punishments seemed to never end. Again we had to do horrible thing cleaning the sort of places were nobody had been in a million years and practically we ended up becoming part of a rat family since we saw them so much.

I think actually it was since then that I developed panic attacks. Well they were sort of panic attacks but I think they were mixed up with some hysteria and the always present tries to commit suicide. The first one I remember was after a fight with a room mate. I can’t explain it very well cause I tend to have blanks in my memory when the attacks happen. But I do remember I scratched my wrists very badly thinking it would be easier than it really is to get a hold of the artery and finally end with everything. The funny thing is that nobody paid attention at the scratches and cuts I’d usually have around my arms, but they would always say that the attacks I had were because I had too many withholds.

Anyways, one of the last stories I have from the time in the EPF is very fresh in my memory. It happened a Monday I think, I remember the day cause it wasn’t normal to come back to the QI that early on a Monday. They had us all enter the room we used for meetings and shut all the doors. It was all very weird and I truly didn’t know what the hell was going on but I still had that weird feeling in my stomach. One on one they took us out of the room and sent us over to what usually was the coordinators office. The cadet supervisor was behind a yellow e-meter and asked me to sit down. I really don’t remember the question… maybe it was “do you have any missed withholds?” or something more specified, the thing is that the e-meter read nothing at all when I said “no” and they let me go. None of us could enter the room were the non-checked people were though, but they told me to wait outside cause the I/C’s needed a word with me, so I waited.

It was around an hour later that R.H (one of the I/C’s or actually the deputy) came back for me and led me into the room and shut the door behind. The other one of them was sitting near the piano I think actually he was playing it but I am not really sure. First both of them started chatting around asking me if I knew that money had been stolen from an EPFer and the amount and really I didn’t know what to answer the whole thing made me really nervous cause I never really got to talk to them so calmly and normally and it really felt awkward. Suddenly they were both very quiet and the other I/C turned to me in a real freaky way and only said “so, where is it?” my whole face just lost it’s color and I was really freaked out. I actually started hyperventilating at that second which actually made the matter worse cause R.H came to the conclusion that I actually was guilty so he grabbed me by the shoulders and started shaking me and yelling out “where the Fling hell did you put it!” and later on “what did u spend it on!” and after around an hour he gave up on me and threw me back into the chair. I was crying and really couldn’t breathe but they still screamed and I am almost sure R.H was about to slap me in the face to make me confess the thing that I actually hadn’t known nothing about five minutes before.

As I said, my mind is very blank in peaces from that so I can’t say much more. I only remember some things R.H said to me before I left the room “u are not allowed to say any of this to anyone as it is a confidential matter and u have caused enough enturbulation already” and also he told me I was going into rice and beans and gave me a copy of the policy to read.

I spent about a month on rice and beans even though a week later they found the real stealer, sent him home and never even said sorry to me. After that month an order came down from who knows where saying that the cadet’s requirements to graduate into the EPF had changed and now me and other few minors had to go back to the cadet org immediately. So there I went, back on where I started.

I will continue on later cause this already got long enough (LOL) and I have much more to say about my come back into the cadet org and my final time at Flag. Luck to all and like I always say, hope at least one human being that read this gets save from all the madness I went through. :wink:
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for posting! Weird that I personally have almost no memories of the EPF I spent only 3 weeks on it. I don't know how that happened. I'm really sad that you had to go through this.
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Thank you!... yeah well the quota to finish the EPF is of 2 weeks so actually u were sort of on time :P OT's did it in like a week actually it was weird :?

<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 pm

If you ask me all OTs are a little weird if you know what I mean, but there are a lot nice people among them.
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:36 pm

whoever finds out about xenu and still believes in scientology must be weird (LOL) well yeah i met nice OT's two of them were in the EPF with me they were like moms to the minors mostly one of them her name was Lori... she sure must still be in the SO though i wouldn't doubt it :roll:

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks for Part 2, ex-cadet. Looking forward to more. :)

ex-cadet wrote:(sorry for being such a detail person :oops:)

No problem. I like details too.

ex-cadet wrote:One of the most common ones was to clean all the CB’s trashcans (they weren’t the normal trashcans u see everywhere when ur neighbors take out the trash, no! the were industrial ones! They were taller than I was and u could fit like twenty people of my size in there). They smelled horribly and actually there was so much worms and roches and rats that I actually got used to them. And it was actually also pretty normal that someone would not realize I was in there and throw the trash in… and there went my cleaning… I had to start all over again.

Yucch! Some day they should make a movie about the exploitation of kids in Scn. This would make a very moving scene; just imagine a little girl slaving away inside the trash bin, then somebody dumps a big load of garbage on top of her. :x
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:47 pm

the funny thing was to try to clean myself up properly when i wasn't even able to use a squirt of perfume to hide the fact that i had been inside a trashcan the whole day :lol:

<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:49 pm

i remembered the word for the so called trashcans! they were dumpsters! sorry i'm still remembering how to speak english :D

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah, homeless people foraging for food is called "dumpster diving."
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 pm

thank u i didn't know that term! ur incrementing my vocab (LOL) :D it's really hard to learn two lenguages if u don't practice and here i'm speaking 100% spanish

Return to Your Story