[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Church interfering in people's lives...

Church interfering in people's lives...

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 am

Church interfering in people's lives...

Okay, I have another story.

When I was twenty-one, I had a Scientology friend whom I had gone to school with for about ten months. Let's call him Ben. Anyway, he and a friend of his (non-Scientologist) ended up renting an apartment right down the hall from my family's office. Anyway, I started hanging out with them since they lived right down the hall to where I was working (and living half the time).

Ben was eighteen, and his roommate was seventeen. I wanted them to be able to go karaoke with me. My sister had a hobby of making fake IDs. So, I had her make Ben and his roommate fake IDs so they could go karaoke with me. Of course, they also used their fake ID to buy beer. I personally didn't have a problem with that since they were living on their own (Ben's roommate was emancipated).

Well, a Scientology friend of mine and Ben's who had gone to school with us, he came over to hang out at Ben's apartment one day. He saw that Ben and his roommate had beer. Ben explained to our friend that they had fake IDs.

So... what did this friend do? He wrote a KR on Ben for having a fake ID and buying beer.

Well, the Ethics Officer at the Seattle Org ended up calling Ben to come in. Now, keep in mind... Ben wasn't on any services. He wasn't in the middle of any auditing cycle or on any course. He was also ex-Sea Org, and as far as I know, he was basically sort of drifting out of Scientology. But the point is, he's not onlines. However, the Ethics Officer ordered him to come in anyway.

So, according to my friend Ben, the Ethics Officer told him, "You are a criminal. You need to give me your fake ID, or I will call up your work and tell them that you are a criminal."

DAMN! Isn't that a bizarre thing for a "church" to do? Threaten to call up your work place and tell them that you're a criminal?

And as if that's not bizarre enough... my aunt had a friend who was at Flag getting services. I guess this friend of my aunt's was doing some ethics handling at Flag, I don't know. But... my aunt told her friend about my sister making Ben a fake ID and Ben getting in trouble at the Seattle Org. And you know what my aunt's friend did after that?

You guessed it! My aunt's friend disconnected from her! My aunt thinks that Flag ordered her to.

All these extreme measures over one eighteen year-old's lousy fake ID!

I don't understand it.
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:24 pm

It's called Control. It's what the church does.

The church must protect it's image. Let's just say Ben got busted for drinking (underage) and driving and it got found out that he was/had been in the church. That would be a PR flap for the church. So, they stop him from being able to buy beer with his fake ID. They control any potential PR flap.
Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

leereyno

Clear

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:06 am

Scientology: Proof that evil is not merely the absence of good.

Return to Your Story