[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - My Story (Formerly Synopsis of an Old Kid)

My Story (Formerly Synopsis of an Old Kid)

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:37 am

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

-- Buddha (563-483 BC), Siddhartha Gautama
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:01 am

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:43 pm

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:52 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Little Snippets:

When I first decided I wanted to leave, I was put on the EPF. Again. (3rd or 4th time I think)

No real studying as I had already done and redone the EPF courses. But there was no mechanism in place. I worked, and I ran around doing a lof of mest work, It was good.

At some point, it was decided that all of the people on the base who wanted to leave should be segregated together and watched by security, working as a group on various projects while working on the routing form.

There were two dorms in main building on the second floor, past the area that was completely demolished. One was the men's dorm. The other the women's.

We had fun as a group. There was about 10 of us. We were buddied up and ate together, worked together, etc, etc.

We had a theme song, which we would sing, especially if security came checking.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MOuEYSJCFqE

Sometimes, our alternate theme, we would sing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aD21JDMp86c

Eventually, people started completing the form and leaving one by one. Until I was the last. And, being that I wasn't a "blow" candidate, I was pretty much left to myself for a while. Ended up in renos. But still ate, slept, etc. all on my own.

Some of my most extroverted times.

As long as I kept off the radar, no one bothered me. The HAS checked up on me on occasion, but for all intents and purposes, I did worked on what I wanted to work on.
Last edited by Grundy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Little Snippets:

I remember my original trip to Flag in the late 80s.

I was 15 years old, living at the Hacienda.

Training was fun. I worked with a lof of the other outer org trainees. We had our groups we bunched up into.

Mine was a bunch of auditor traineers, although I was a supervisor trainee.

Being fairly shy and quiet at first, my place in the group was cemented when I made a joking rejoinder to a comment one of the others made. They all laughed.

Louise (Cunningham?) Garia Northrup. A few others. One of my favorite people, although not at the center of the clique was Pascal Knecht. (I seem to remember the women better than the men :D)

There were a couple of others. I loved this little french girl who always pronounced my name with a european style, although in american the same pronounciation would be a woman's name.

Breakfast was a horrible experience, the eggs always smelled like they died. The only way to make them edible was to drown them in syrup, salt and pepper. We made some awful jokes about them.

Another annoying factor was the alarm clock of one of the guys. It was a CD player so it was the same song every morning.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kIZeVoRBuU

In the internship. I was word clearing with a fellow trainee, and one of the words was "stub." We were outside on a break, I was smoking, and I said "let me stub my cigarette out completely." We laughed.

Fun times.
Last edited by Grundy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Anon'sMom

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Thank You

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:22 pm

Little Snippets:

Supervisor's Code.

I think this is what made me what I was as a supervisor. When I first got to Flag for Supervisor training, I ended up helping someone on the Mini Sup Course with the Supervisor's Code even though I had just got there. It was the thing you had to completely duplicate and learn verbatim.

Jeff King his name was, from Seattle. He was having a hard time and so Leif, our supervisor, decided to have me (a 15 year old newbie lol) help him, as I was also at Flag for sup training. (I know most people type supe so it gets pronounced correctly, but we always abbreviated it sup!)

The line he was having the hardest time with was #8 - the longest clause.

"The supervisor should be able to answer any question concerning Scientology by directing the student to the actual source of the data. If a supervisor cannot answer a particular question he should always say so, and the supervisor should find the answer to the question from the source and tell the student where the answer is to be found."

Even 21 years later, I know this. I know it completely. It was my specialty. I knew supervisors that when asked a question would just tell the student to find his MU.

Me, I always listened to the students question and if the question was answered in any reference, I would tell the student where to go. I was famous for being able to answer all the tough ones in the blink of an eye. I was accused by the director of training as trying to set myself up as source. She was a supervisor too.

http://freezoneamerica.com/Clearbird/st ... upcode.htm
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:22 am

Living with Indoctrination:

I had oppurtunity recently for some self examination.

I was having a conversation with my brother, who makes significantly more money than I do. As a point of curiousity, I asked him how much he made per hour (he had told me before but it had slipped my mind).

After answering he asked why I had inquired. I answered, quite honestly (or so I thought), that it was curiosity only.

He pressed and I thought about it. I told him that I was to a small degree jealous that he had the resources to buy "toys" on a whim.

He doesn't really do it, just about everything that he buys has some future return. But there are a couple of things that he owns that are for just playing with (PSP, Digital VCR to capture things for his phone). He commented that I probably have some toys.

I thought about it and I could not think of one thing that I have bought that has just been for the sheer joy of playing with or owning. Everything I purchase has to have some use to me.

He asked me what toy I would like. And I could not think of one thing that I have seen and desired that would qualify as a toy.

After a couple of hours, I thought of an item (IPOD). But even that seems to me to be frivilous. What use would an IPOD be to me in my job?

It made me realize that I am completely incapable of buying something just for the sheer joy of it. I, for the most part, spend money on what I need, not what I want. (Except my vice - lottery tickets. But even that .. well, I'll explain.)

Now, part of this is my upbringing. Growing up poor doesn't lend itself to spending money on frivolities. But even growing up poor there were things my mother bought and bought for us that had no practical value. We had some toys (not many), so it isn't entirely this.

I then realized that it was my time spent on staff that taught me to only spend money on those things that I felt I absolutely needed. It's the culture of scientology that you don't spend money unless it has to do with things you MUST have (or scientology of course).

According to the book the problems of work by hubbard, life is 70% work. But experience in working in Scientology is life is 90% work. Another 9% are things that have to DO with work. So life is 99% is work. Anything else must fit into 1% of your resources.

You know how you might buy a lottery ticket, especially if there is a big jackpot? The funny thing is that when I imagine what it might be like if I won, the things I might fantasize about have to do with spending money on my work, making things easier, and so forth. I don't fantasize about buying a house (except it would be nice to buy a house right next to work so I could just walk to work) or new cars (except it might be nice to have to spend less money on gas getting to work) or taking a vacation (although there are conventions and seminars that might be nice to visit to make me better at my job).

(Although I have to admit I spend about $120 a year on my game site. I feel sooooo guilty.)

So, even though I have been off of staff for a number of years now, the indoctrination is still firmly in place.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:11 am

You know, you talk a lot about your time alone as a good time for you. It's funny, I noticed that with Scientology and Scientology-run systems, there's a lot of ways that you can slip through the cracks.

I slipped through the cracks on several occasions, and for me those were the best times I had in Scientology. Being put on a "special project" that everyone promptly forgot about.

I got accused of "individuating" a whole lot, though. Did that ever happen to you because you enjoyed time alone?

I know what you mean about spending money! I had the same thing for a LONG time! People still ask me what I want for Christmas or my birthday and I'm like... uh... candy?

If I'm not lacking anything, I don't feel that I need it. I finally realized that if I even won the lottery, I'd use it to spend the rest of my life studying. I'd go to a tech school. I still want to do a php course really badly... but only so I could do my job better, as you said.

My, erm, "havingness" has gone up, though. ;)
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:27 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:31 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:45 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 pm

<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:24 am

edit

Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:23 pm

<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:11 am

If someone has to teach you how to be happy , then you are not truly happy....Happiness is a state of mind.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:04 am

Previous

Return to Your Story