[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Study Tech: Why nobody complains about it

Study Tech: Why nobody complains about it

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

MaxwellCross

EPFer

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Study Tech: Why nobody complains about it

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Man, that sounds awful! I can see why an extreme excess of Word Clearing would drive you up a wall. After while you probably had "charge" on the process itself, regardless of what the words were.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Agreed. While there are some good things in study tech (most are also common sense) there are generalities with it.
Find me one person that can read out loud without some sort of stop, stagger, mispronunciation etc. Give me a Fing break. And everyone of those is an MU...right!
MU phenomenon also made me wonder. If a person isn't interested in what they are reading it means they have an MU....that means everything you read you have to be interested in.......lol. You can't possibly be not interested eh.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 am

Study Tech

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 am

I remembered some more of the Scientology study tech, which I disagreed with:

5. If your needle doesn't float, then you have an MU. Never mind what you think.
6. In Method 7 word clearing, it's ok to learn just one definition. In Method 9 word clearing, if you just learn one definition, you are a squirrel suppressive.
7. (This is verbal tech, but I know it happened.) Now that [some genius] provided the definition you need in the back of the book, you don't need a "wog dictionary". So, it's ok to get a non-LRH opinion on the meaning of a word, if Bridge Publications produces it, but you're a squirrel if you get an opinion in some other way.
It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

MaxwellCross

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:55 am

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:06 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 pm

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 pm

<<

I Escaped

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Oh yeah, Wordclearing! What a subject! I actually never cleared all the definition, but only read the one that applied. Making sentences? not me! I remembered getting my M2 on the E-meter. Wow! One paragraph with about 20 words, took me 50 hours to get through.... Apparently I was reading on the meter on every word, even the ones I had cleared before on my M2. Great fun...
<<

MaxwellCross

EPFer

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

non-Sci bf

EPFer

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 pm

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:57 pm

<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 am

Study tech

Study tech can be good if used well and correctly I think _ I was a supervisor and staff training officer for a long time. I have seen however word clearing almost used as punishment and forcing people to clear up words they already knew and making them to reread stuffs 20-30 times - yes that can drive people crazy.

Return to Tech Debates & Discussion