What happens to cleared thetans?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

BadassAnon

Non-E

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 pm

What happens to cleared thetans?

Cross posted from a couple of other places
Please excuse me if this is yet another stupid question from an outsider, but in all that I have read in recent months I haven't noticed anything which mentions what happens to body thetans once they have been cleared.

I have recieved wildly varying answers on ESMB, from "they disapate" to "they go in search of another 'host' " & can't quite get it straight in my head (either response) so was hoping someone here could maybe help me understand why auditing is touted as the 'cure all' & clearing thetans is the prime objective (politics aside :roll: ) yet there seems to be no universally accepted answer to 'where do they go once I free them?'

Posted here since I assumed this is what was meant by OT3 type material. If it in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am

My understanding is they go off to pick up another body. Scientology believes in reincarnation. Many many many past lifetimes.

By freeing up these "thetans", they are then free to pick up another body.
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

anonynom

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:32 am

So does that mean that it's impossible to "clear" the Earth of thetans, since they'll just be reincarnated?
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 am

Thetan's are "spirits". We are spiritual beings. We are not our bodies according to Scientology.

Therefore, the idea is to "free" the thetan's, not destroy them. They are trapped according to the OT levels and other LRH materials.
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:02 am

Also, what do you mean by "clearing" a thetan? You mean what happens when a thetan reaches the state of Clear? Nothing. They just keep going up the OT levels.

Check out our Auditing and Training page if you're confused about this. You can find that page here:

http://www.exscientologykids.com/thebridge.html

See, I find that one of the most effective things Scn uses to keep people in is the fact that they say all the OT levels haven't been released yet. Remember, OT levels have only been released up to OT8.

So even people who reach OT8 think "well, I'm not all the way up the Bridge yet, soooo..."

As far as what happens to a thetan when he reaches the top of the chart? I was always under the impression that you'd be like a god. You could control matter, energy space and time, and you wouldn't need to get another body, you'd just go find another game to play somewhere out there in space.
Last edited by Tru2form on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

BadassAnon

Non-E

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:48 am

As I said, I have asked on a couple of other Ex-Sci boards, hedging my bets to get an answer quick since I am impatient & most of y'all are in the US & I'm in the UK so there is a big time difference.

Most of the answers I have had from the other boards have refered to the thetan leaving the body & being 'clear' of it's bind to the human body which is why I wondered where they go. Obviously if they are supposed to just go pick up another body it makes no sense, like trying to bail out the sea in a storm with a paper cup, but if the thetan's state is altered by making it more aware & empowered I guess it could pick a body better suited to combine with.

I guess more than the actual answer to 'what happens to the thetans after auditing' I am now curious about why there are so many different answers. I have yet to see anyone fully agree with one another, even when they were the same 'grade' OT so am wondering if maybe it is something which wasn't covered in original writings, so the PTB have been winging it & singing from different songs sheets.

Thanks Tru2Form, I'll pop over & read the Bridge thread now.

Many thanks for the time you have all taken to answer the confused ramblings of a stranger. You are very kind.
<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:14 am

Taking a Stab

I'm night owling it tonight so this post should hit you in the morning. Now I was never a $cn but here's my best take on all that i have read- like the facsimile of OTIII. Hubbard says there that BTs 'respond like any preclear.' Based on that here is what I see: they are confused because of all the implants and getting blown up. OTIII gets them to realise that they are individual beings- as opposed to being glued onto each other- and to you. They then leave and go pick up a body to be reincarnated, cleared, OT'd and freed. And if they all don't leave on III then you have IV and V and VI and VII... all variations on the theme. Tory could say it better, she's done all the way to OTVII. Correct me if I'm wrong Magoo!
Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

Anonerly

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Ah this is good chance to ask for some clarifications on the Scientology belief as a whole, it would be abit excessive to create an entirely new thread about it.

Prehaps someone could tell me if I understand the entire thing correctly.

-A "thetan" is a spirit of a long-dead dude who was blown up at the volcano and have attached themselves to humans. They in turn cloud the judgement of the human and cause them to believe things that are not true and to act in a harmful manner.
(Basically the "burden on human spirit" theme, which is a very common idea in religions, found in Buddism, Daoism, Christainity, Judaism and Islam)

-Auditing is supposed to remove the aforementioned "burden", and allow the human's own spirit to be able to fully achieve it's own potienal.
(Similar to the "Enlightenment" idea in Buddism/Daoism, where freeing oneself from earthly desires achieves a heightened level of thinking, or "Salvation" in the Abrahamic religions where the fulfillment of certain requirements will be rewarded by God with the removal of the burden)

-Now when somebody reaches "Clear" status, the bad thetans are gone and that burden with it. At which point one moves on to the "OT" levels, where it concentrates on the human's own thetan (spirit).
(I wish it was like that for me. I am Catholic, I don't get to know if I made it until after I die.)

-After the "OT" levels, a scientology gains supernatural powers because they are aware of and can actively control their own soul?
(This is wierd, in all other religions the body is the physical manifestation of the soul, it has no real power in this reality besides influencing the body, under this interpretation the body and soul are two seperate entities.)

Afew things I still don't understand:
-What happens to the spirit after death? Is there an afterlife or reincarnation aspect to the belief? Also, is there any difference in what happens to somebody who is not "Clear" and those who are "Clear" or "OT"?

-How do they explain the fact that "OT"s are obviously not able to use supernatural powers?

-If becoming "Clear" means the harmful thetans who are gone are unable to any longer influence the human, why does the entire "Xenu story" need to be revealed after being cleared? Wouldn't the false truths that they cause be gone already?

-What's the end goal? To gain control of one's own thetan, or is there something else?
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:17 pm

-What happens to the spirit after death? Is there an afterlife or reincarnation aspect to the belief? Also, is there any difference in what happens to somebody who is not "Clear" and those who are "Clear" or "OT"?

-How do they explain the fact that "OT"s are obviously not able to use supernatural powers?

-If becoming "Clear" means the harmful thetans who are gone are unable to any longer influence the human, why does the entire "Xenu story" need to be revealed after being cleared? Wouldn't the false truths that they cause be gone already?

-What's the end goal? To gain control of one's own thetan, or is there something else?

Sorry no one's answered you yet. I'll do the best I can.

- After death, you leave the body, and it is such a traumatic experience that death becomes an "engram". Then you go hunting around for a pregnant woman to get a new body (the baby). But there's a chance that you could get sucked into an implant station between lives, because Hubbard says those implant stations are still out there. So if you're OT, you can avoid the implant stations.

That's why you're not supposed to "go towards the light" if you die, because the general idea is that IT'S A TRAP. And if you go towards the light, you'll get sucked into the implant station and forced to forget your past life, given new implants that fuck you up even more.

Then the implant station spits you out, and you go find a baby body to inhabit. Birth is apparently so traumatic that it's another "engram", or it can be, unless everyone is silent, hence the silent birth thingie.

- They don't. They just don't talk about it. Since Hubbard never clearly stated what those superpowers were, except for the fact that you can "control Matter, Energy, Space and Time", people have come up with their own vague interpretations. So some people think it's just a heightened perception about the world, some people think it's the ability to read minds, whatever. But it's never talked about.

- Becoming Clear has nothing to do with getting rid of harmful thetans. Body thetans aren't even mentioned until OT3. Clear is getting rid of your "reactive mind", which is something totally different. You could say that it's getting rid of you "irrational self".

- The end goal? Total control over Matter Energy Space and Time (MEST), the ability to be "cause" over your environment with your super-mind, the ability to exteriorize (leave the body) at will... basically to be returned to what Hubbard believed was your original god-like state.

Hope that's uh, Cleared up for you.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:56 am

Re: What happens to cleared thetans?

BadassAnon wrote:Cross posted from a couple of other places
Please excuse me if this is yet another stupid question from an outsider, but in all that I have read in recent months I haven't noticed anything which mentions what happens to body thetans once they have been cleared.

I have recieved wildly varying answers on ESMB, from "they disapate" to "they go in search of another 'host' " & can't quite get it straight in my head (either response) so was hoping someone here could maybe help me understand why auditing is touted as the 'cure all' & clearing thetans is the prime objective (politics aside :roll: ) yet there seems to be no universally accepted answer to 'where do they go once I free them?'

Posted here since I assumed this is what was meant by OT3 type material. If it in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Sorry I cant resist being a smart ass...

What happens to cleared body theatans?

They become anon.

:lol:

alex
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

-- Buddha (563-483 BC), Siddhartha Gautama
<<

The Chief

Clear

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:10 pm

except for the fact that you can "control Matter, Energy, Space and Time"

Space is warped by gravity which we can actually control (our own personal gravitational field, anyway) by increasing our mass, and time is a relativistic effect influenced by our movement rate relative to the speed of light. Matter and energy are one at the same. So the next time an OT tells you about their powers you can just claim exactly the same, since you would be totally accurate.
<<

TonyMeman

EPFer

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:00 am

The answer to the thread topic has been revealed! From the desk of L. Ron:

"Body thetans are just thetans. When you get rid of one he goes off and possibly squares around, picks up a body or admires daisies. He is in fact a sort of cleared being. He cannot fair to eventually, if not at once, regain many abilities. Many have been asleep for the last 75 million years."

Return to OT 3 / Confidential Materials