[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - so it's now a part of Scientology's "mythology"?

so it's now a part of Scientology's "mythology"?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:44 am

so it's now a part of Scientology's "mythology"?

I felt this was a more appropriate place to ask than over at my Anon-turf of Enturbulation since Anonymous' stance (if we really even have a stance of anything other than our mantra and "we're not your personal army") is, understandably, "we really don't care about Xenu. There are bigger things at stake."

One of the local rags near my neck of the woods ran a It's apparently going to be a two part story, this being the first half. What's interesting with this piece comes from the Atlanta org's head and mouthpiece, Deb Danos, who, to some degree, actually doesn't flat out deny OTIII's Space Opera... albeit it's seriously downplayed.

Danos, for her part, openly acknowledges the existence of the Xenu story but says it is often "taken out of context."

"I've been in Scientology quite a long time," she said, "and (that story) has always been of interest to individuals who want to make everything about Scientology seem bizarre and unusual."

Danos added that, as far as she's seen, the story is by no means central to the tenets of Hubbard, labeling it "mythology" akin to the parables found in the book of Genesis.

She said the Biblical account of the Immaculate Conception could be made to sound just as ludicrous, if filtered through the mouth of someone who sought to heap ridicule on Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I can find more holes and arguments against Danos' words than I could in most paragraphs of LRH's official biography, but it really surprised me that she flat out admitted Xenu in some shape or form after a long history of Scientologists denying any mention of the space opera in doctrine. You know, despite the fact it was released to the public in court.

So is this the new official Co$ statement on Xenu? Are they now officially taking the whole "It's not any dumber than anything other religious scripture's story" stance on the subject? (and sorry to quote South Park, but all things considered "Yes, that is WAY more retarded.")

The reason I bring this up is because some of us have been looking for more bullet points against the actual org where we'll be 3/15 rather than just Scientology as a whole, since we have a few catalogs worth of crimes to pin on the whole damn machine (most of which are touched on here at Ex-Scn Kids). We're looking to point out to Georgians how they could be effected especially with all the front groups, and also how bogus they are. I'm hoping I'm on to something with this one, as I myself think bringing up Xenu is passe, especially when there are a lot more harmful practices here than buying into stories about space alien overlords flying DC-8's in space. But even a little discredit should amount to something.

We've already caught 'em in a few lies they've pumped out, and some anons are planning a second March protest at the Georgia capital when some Narconon guys plan on pushing their poison there. So I thought maybe one of you guys may have something on this whole new semi-acceptance of Xenu. Is this becoming more widespread post-"Trapped In A Closet" for more Co$ mouthpieces to half-ass admit what we've already known even before Matt and Trey released it upon the masses that never cared enough to look it up themselves, or is Danos treading on thin ice with the "church" for even commenting on X-E-M-U?

And sorry if my words read as clear as mud. I just took my nightly entheta doomsday pills, and have a hard time proofreading my ramblings.
"Ba Ba"
<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:25 am

Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Last edited by AthlAnon 88 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ba Ba"
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:41 pm

<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm

"Ba Ba"
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:45 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:32 pm

For the past two weeks or so, every article I've read where a Scientologist makes a statement, there is some part of it where I start thinking; "He/She is going to have a bad day tomorrow."

Perfect example is the article from Dagbladet, where the PR person for the Oslo org made a comment along the lines of; "If it [Fair Game policy] had still existed he would be six feet under" (Directed at Andreas Heldal-Lund).

Seemingly one out of two things will happen;

1) One of the lesser org spokespeople crack completely in an interview and start confirming everything that has been claimed by critics
2) The CoS puts a complete ban on making any statments whatsoever

2 seems more likely than 1, but then again this could be interpreted as a defensive move, which is strictly against policy.

Time to squirrel some more tech DM?
<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 pm

"Ba Ba"
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:21 pm

<<

NarkAnon

Non-E

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:37 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:28 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Anonerly

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 pm

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:54 am