Who cares about wacky OTIII

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 pm

Quite simple actually; People attribute reason for events in life based on what they believe to be true.

Let me illustrate with a simple, albeit a bit silly, example; A person walking under a ladder is too much in his/her own thoughts to notice the couch being hoisted up through a window further up the building. The couch drops and the person is permanently disabled from the neck down. However, the reasoning as to why that couch dropped on him/her can quite easily differ. A "normal" person will blame the numbskulls hoisiting the couch for not securing it well enough so it dropped on him/her and proceed to sue said numbskull for millions in damages. A person who believes in luck through omens will attribute the reason for the couch dropping to be an idiot for walking under that ladder, then proceed to sue the numbskulls hoisting it since you get no money from a ladder.

Similarly with "bad reactions" or "complications" from reading OTIII prematurely. A person reads the OTIII documents and two days later has a heart attack. Instead of attributing this to the normal reasons, such as being a moron for having a bad diet and lifestyle, this persons beliefs and convictions leads to the attribution of reason for that heart attack being reading OTIII before the person was ready.

I could go on, and on, and on with examples of this kind of behaviour, but it's hardly necessary is it? Safe to say that if you believe something will happen, it will happen due to simple attribution of beliefs into reasoning for events.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Orderous wrote:
Similarly with "bad reactions" or "complications" from reading OTIII prematurely. A person reads the OTIII documents and two days later has a heart attack. Instead of attributing this to the normal reasons, such as being a moron for having a bad diet and lifestyle, this persons beliefs and convictions leads to the attribution of reason for that heart attack being reading OTIII before the person was ready.

Never heard such a thing from the FZ or the COS. You have some examples?
http://www.freewebs .com/techoutside thecofs/
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Terril park wrote:
Orderous wrote:

Never heard such a thing from the FZ or the COS. You have some examples?

Nothing in specific, but then again it was another example taken out of the blue. However, considering I am dealing with a religious fundamentalist I probarbly should have pointed out every single detail of the post so as to not end up in a bunch of useless circular reasoning which is the trademark of a religious claim with no backing.

At this moment you're the one who has failed to give a single example of actual complications from reading OTIII, and backing up of earlier claims, as you have been asked to do previously in this thread. Although I do have that strange feeling that it will never be backed up by any event that can't just as easily become a product of occam's razor through the reasoning I gave earlier.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Orderous wrote:Nothing in specific, but then again it was another example taken out of the blue. However, considering I am dealing with a religious fundamentalist I probarbly should have pointed out every single detail of the post so as to not end up in a bunch of useless circular reasoning which is the trademark of a religious claim with no backing.

I'm one of those rather peculiar religious fundamentalists who regularly ride with the masked raiders.

Orderous wrote:At this moment you're the one who has failed to give a single example of actual complications from reading OTIII, and backing up of earlier claims, as you have been asked to do previously in this thread. Although I do have that strange feeling that it will never be backed up by any event that can't just as easily become a product of occam's razor through the reasoning I gave earlier.

Surgery is not an example of complications????

Please define which complications are acceptable.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 am

Terril park wrote:Surgery is not an example of complications????

Surgery for what?

Surgery is not something you have out of the blue (unless you're a blond airhead who "needs" breast implants), there's a reason behind it, and that would be your so called "complication" or "bad reaction".

And yes Terril, you are a religious fundamentalist, you are willing to defend the "tech" and Hubbards every word to the point of ridicoulusness and with reasoning that no person on the outside can take seriously. That is the essence of fundamentalism; to be so blinded by your beliefs that the pure openly, and apperant to anyone, idiocy of your words and actions never even occur to you.
<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:25 am

Orderous wrote:
Terril park wrote:Surgery is not an example of complications????

Surgery for what?

Surgery is not something you have out of the blue (unless you're a blond airhead who "needs" breast implants), there's a reason behind it, and that would be your so called "complication" or "bad reaction".

And yes Terril, you are a religious fundamentalist, you are willing to defend the "tech" and Hubbards every word to the point of ridicoulusness and with reasoning that no person on the outside can take seriously. That is the essence of fundamentalism; to be so blinded by your beliefs that the pure openly, and apperant to anyone, idiocy of your words and actions never even occur to you.

End of conversation.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:31 am

Terril park wrote:End of conversation.

What? Incapable of giving proper reasoning to your statements? Or butthurt because a commonly accepted definition hits right on the money with your situation?
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:17 am

[quote="Terril park"]I know two people personally who had bad reactions. One needed surgery, but in fact also had great gains just reading the material without running it.[quote]

Anecdotal evidence will not suffice. Also, how do you know that person did not need surgery from something else? I don't mean to disrespect what you believe, however your claim makes leaps in physical logic that really make no sense. You simply read something, then have physical problems. What is connecting the two.
And this just feels like spinning plates
Our bodies floating down the muddy river
-Radiohead
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Tru2form wrote:Jesus Christ, man, I don't think that's ever happened on an internet forum before, in the whole history of internet forums. Ever.

I don't know what to say. It makes me wanna be like, "No, YOU'RE right." :D

i THINK parading it around is different than TELLING PEOPLE THE TRUTH. hALF of the people in it would leave it if they knew what they were getting themselves into, incl Xenu

As for making a mockery.. it is a mock up, right ? Of LRH's con science...

anyway.. people need the truth.. and only THEN can THEY decide... OTHERWISE they are being lied to... hiding it is a bad idea.

making fun of their weak minded that got in it, kept / put their kids in it, let themselves get brainwashed, refuse to admit they are weaker minded, and need to develop A STRONGER SENSE OF SELF... unless you were BORN into... you had a choice... otherwise, it's a different story, but I can say anyone who sits through TR 0... happily... something is up with them ALREADY prior to getting conned / brainwashed... etc.

there are no real values, morals to begin with or they are overly perfectionistic / idealistic... to begin with in which case they need a doctor not a madman...
Previous

Return to OT 3 / Confidential Materials