[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - A vid I made with questions and Answers about Freezone

A vid I made with questions and Answers about Freezone

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 am

A vid I made with questions and Answers about Freezone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVXs7S_fng

feel free to post any questions that you'd like here
I will answer them to the best of my ability
~hidden
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I will have a look at that vid when I'm not sitting in the laundry room, but there is one question I'm fairly certain the video does not answer;

Is there any source criticism within the Freezone?
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Question: why is discussing the OT levels in the freezone considered taboo? Is there a logical reason? A spiritual reason? A practical reason? a PR reason? or is it simply a hang-over from the stricter CoS taboo on the subject?

PS. Without meaning to discourage you, and as a point of constructive criticism, in future it may be worth running through a few of the questions and answers before sitting down in-front of the camera. I'm not saying it should be scripted (which might detract from the presentation and vibe), but it would help to reduce the amount of umm'ing and arr'ing and improve the level of detail in your answers.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Mon May 26, 2008 10:40 pm

“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 pm

~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon May 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Tue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm

~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 am

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 am

~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

ptsAnnon

EPFer

Post Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 am

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Wed May 28, 2008 5:14 pm

~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

The Chief

Clear

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 pm

I must come out of the corner on the side of science here. I'm really sorry if this offends you. Consider them religious if you must, but the works of Layfette Ronald Hubbard are not scientific. They are in terms of the scientific community pillars of pseudoscience. Ignoring that Mr Hubbard was a horrible horrible man, I'll explain what I mean.

Pseudoscience is the technique of taking common phenomena and imparting extravagant and unrealistic explanations to it with little or no rhyme or reason to those explanations. Say for example you see a plane flying. The actual explanation is due to the interaction of objects with certain angled surfaces moving at speed through air generating a force underneath the wing. I'll demonstrate this with a very simplified example involving one hypothesis.

Imagine though if someone said "it's a property of the metal. The metal when treated with this liquid becomes lighter than air at high speed."

You could then apply that to all metals. So you could have flying cars or wheelbarrows or anything. Now imagine if you tried to do that to a car and it didn't happen. What do you blame? A pseudoscience will come up for all kinds of explanations then. "You didn't do it right." "Ah, but recent research has shown that only this special brand of liquid will do it (availible from the Aerial Empowerment Organisation for a mere $59,999!!!)." If it then by some reason does work (say someone equips the car with jets on gimbals that can be directed at the ground) then that is down to the Tech. It is a no lose situation. A sufficiently complex set of rules write off every failure of the tech as some fault of the operator, and the rare successes show it work, despite other factors being involved in that success.

In this case not the fact that the car has bloody jets on it and can generate some lift thanks to massive quantities of air being forced against the ground. It's the liquid sprinked on the bonnet. The fact that the car can hover is questioned, since it clearly isn't moving at high speed. So from there, a theory that the liquid is somehow able to function given a constant current of air passing it is ratified. HAIL THIS NEW DISCOVERY! We've been doing it wrong for years, and thus do we continue the cycle.

Yet the more time is wasted on this mystical flying liquid, the more complex the rules become. You have to set fire to it as you apply it from only an angle of 32.53 degrees. Anything else will cause a flunk (meaning a failure to fly). Then they find out you need an exact temperature of 853.25 degrees celsius with a humidity of 19.4%. Fortunately the local AEO has such properties availible (the full Aerial Application Rundown availible for a cheap $49,995!). So then you do it, but then they decide that only certain types of people can apply this liquid because it reacts with your DNA and your DNA causes it to fail sometimes. Therefore there's a course which lets you get treated but it's HARD and it sends you through a Wall of Fire as your entire genetic structure changes to suit your flying car. You suffer no visible changes but it's $131,000. By transferring the blame to you, rather than the techniques they tell you work, you blame yourself. It's your fault the car can't fly.

Eventually the realisation that you've been conned hits you. You break off from the Aerial Empowerment Org and you're several hundred thousand dollars out of pocket.

Pseudoscience is the art of taking a hypothesis, never proving it, and expanding upon it until it reaches the point of critical mass where you can explain every single possible failure of the original theory through further theories. Like our flying car, there are some situations where the Hubbard Dianetics will function. However it has little to do with the Tech, or magic liquid, and more to do with the fact that circumstances were right.

Pseudoscience requires that someone not question the original premise. If someone said to me "treat your car with this and it'll fly" I'd ask them to explain how. If they just mumbled "it does" and I did so and it didn't, I would be very unlikely to accept any of their explanations why it did not. What's more if the premise defied what I already knew as to be physically true (that uplift is a simple derivation from newton's laws of motion) and did not function, I would logically conclude their idea is wrong.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 am

Well Im okay with those who disagree with me
:D :) :D
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

Detroit

EPFer

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Questionable

Im sure this has been answered somewhere but i would like to ask you. As a freezoner how do you justify following the writings of LRH while it was the same person that created the policies that so many of us protest. It is just a matter of picking and choosing what you want to believe or is there some other criteria. Or...God Forbid...do you still believe in the questionable policies.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Its an interesting question.

I think the interest is selective.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 pm

From what I can tell from my experiences with it and from what Ive been told
Its a little of pick and choose
:D
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 am

<<

ptsAnnon

EPFer

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 am

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 am

~L. Ron Hubbard

Next

Return to Pro Scientology