[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Our Childhood in Black and White..

Our Childhood in Black and White..

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Our Childhood in Black and White..

If someone has to teach you how to be happy , then you are not truly happy....Happiness is a state of mind.
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Our childhood... an addition:

I well and fondly remember when:

There were loaded guns on almost every back porch or somewhere in the house, car or truck - and, no one ever got shot. You just didn't keep a round in the chamber.

Snakes were everywhere - no one ever got bitten...

Mosquitos - well, that's another story! But, no West Nile or Malaria.

And so it goes - much is lost, yet much abides.

Thanks for the post, Kid!
The Public Clammer!
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:23 pm

<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

rotary dial phones

If someone has to teach you how to be happy , then you are not truly happy....Happiness is a state of mind.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:53 am

Re: rotary dial phones

<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Kids...

The Public Clammer!
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:24 am

<<

anonangel

Clear

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:48 am

I'm not over 40, but I do remember black and white tv's, spankins, and most of what was in that list. I also remember riding my horse, no saddle or anything else, and almost getting knocked of by a low branch when I didn't see it and duck. I didn't tell my Great-Grandparents cause I knew Grandma would switch my hinnie, lol. I also remember when my Dad brought home our first TI994/a, boy did I think that was something. I worked really hard for hours typing all the code in for a program that made a rocket launch and then fireworks go off, it was soooo cool back then. Boy do I feel old sometimes, lol.
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:39 pm

<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:23 pm

An exception here - really!!

:arrow: Hi "Stuckin" - love the original post, But for this!!! Cutting raw chicken and not sterilizing the area and utensils before preparing anything else is seriously not safe! neither is eating raw hamburger!

folks get away with it time after time, I know. But the still ongoing salmonella poisonings that the authorities have failed to "lay-off" on tomatoes means that we all need to be scrupulous in food prep and hand washing. Practices like this could be the real culprit.

I love nostalgia as well as anyone here, but I do love you all and want you healthy and well 'cause there is stuff to do.

FYI, basic sanitary food prep and handling was taught in public schools when I attended. Is it still? I do not know.

Do kids even know why milk is kept in the fridge?

Clue me in - am I unduly pessimistic here?
The Public Clammer!
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Clammer:

I will agree about food safety. My OP was a cut paste from a friend...

To answer your question about kids being taught in schools---I will say NO! In the school my kids went to in CA, they were given a choice of what temp the HB was cooked. I didn't know this until the next time I took the kids out to eat, and my then kindergardner ordered his HB rare! I had to explain that the internal temp needed to be much higher to kill the bacteria, and med-well was much better.

Now, where we live, there is no home ec class, no drivers ed, no music in most schools, pitiful!
<<

Linnea

EPFer

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:39 pm

<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:47 pm

all good kids...

Dear children,

Keep truckin' - when you need to know something, ask one of us adults!

We are around and only too happy to help.

Wash your hands often, keep things that belong there in the fridge, etc.

And, while I'm away,

Don't you DARE put any peas in your ears!

That is an order! :rockon:
The Public Clammer!
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:01 pm

Peas in ears reminded me of a funny stupid kid story. Before Scn, during first marriage....

My eldest son sometimes (how do I say this nicely) can be a few fries short a happy meal...

I was at work and in comes my ex with my son (8 ish at the time). My husband, the ever-so-nice person he is (not) pushs my son to the desk and said " What do I do with this"? I look at him and he has a DIME stuck in his sinus cavity, under his eye! I was like OMG, let's get him to the ER. We did. Surgically removed. Two days later (after I was no longer angry) I asked him why he put a dime in his nose...and ask a stupid question get a stupid answer..."to see if it would fit"!

I can laugh now, but wasn't laughing then. I used to entertain my office with stupid kid stories...he was always a source of comedy.

SIDE NOTE TO KENDRA:

The sweet text from my daughter made you "think about having kids". Let me tell you stupid kid stories...you'll lose that idea for a while.
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:19 am

Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:22 am

Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

Tru2form