[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - the Soundtrack to Our Lives

the Soundtrack to Our Lives

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm

the Soundtrack to Our Lives

Ok, I have been amusing myself thinking about music - always one of my favorite topics. I have made a list of songs that us kids were into back in the SO days. :) That led me to making a list of music that I would put to a movie about my SO life. So here are the two lists, posted seperately.

First, WHAT WAS IN MY CD PLAYER AS AN S.O. TEEN:

Third Eye Blind - the whole album, esp Narcolepsy, Jumper, How's It Gonna Be, Motorcycle Drive By, God of Wine
Tool - the Aenima and Lateralis albums, esp Schism and H
U2 - Achtung Baby album, esp. Light My Way
Ani DiFranco - Come Away From It, Virtue
Radiohead - Creep
Linkin Park - Points of Authority, Somewhere I Belong, In the End
Crystal Method - Vegas album
Pearl Jam - Black
Aerosmith - Dream On, Janie Got a Gun (love it but it's a hard listen)
Jewel - the Spirit album, esp Deep Water, Down So Long
Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper (we made up our own words... at 2am... they were hysterical)
Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitter
Republica - Get Off, Drop Dead Gorgeous
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Siouxsie and the Banshees - album, esp Kiss Them For Me and Ragdoll
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Chumbawumba - album, esp I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again
Bush - Glycerine, Machinehead
Beck - I'm a Loser, Baby
No Doubt - Spiderwebs
Cake - Never There
Smash. Pumpkins - Killer in Me, Today, Tonight Tonight
Alanis M - Ironic, You Oughtta Know
Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People, Coma White
Metallica - the Black album yes all of it
Butthole Surfers - Avalanche
Queen - greatest hits
Pennywise - Alien
Dave Matthews - The Space Between
Staind - Epiphany, It's Been a While
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit, I'm So Happy, Negative Creep
Hatebreed - I Will Be Heard
Jars of Clay - Flood
the Star Wars soundtracks
Korn - Freak on a Leash, Got the Life
the Wallflowers - album esp One Headlight (or Cinderella)
the Matrix soundtrack
Offspring - Bad Habit, Come Out and Play, the Kids are Not Alright
Disturbed - Remember
Sarah McLachlan - Angels
Loreena McKennit - can't remember her album name

That should about cover it. :) Ahhh, the 90s!
Last edited by doubleVee on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:51 pm

SONGS FOR THE SOUNDTRACK (looking back) not in any particular order:

Disturbed - Deify, 10000 Fists, Liberate, the Sickness
Godsmack - Bad Religion, Faceless, I Stand Alone, Releasing the Demons, Straight Out of Line, Hollow
Linkin Park - What I've Done, Numb, Bleed it Out
Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love?
Everlast - Letters Home from the Garden of Stone
Rage Against the Machine - uh, everything
Rammstein - Sonne, Ich Will, Los, Links 2-3-4, Mutter, Halleluja, Stripped
Audioslave - Show Me How to Live
Billy Joel - Rebel Yell
Metallica - Eye of the Beholder, Don't Tread on Me
Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You, Wake Up, Scared, Just Like You
Pop Will Eat Itself - Auslander
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Ill Nino - Unreal
Velvet Revolver - Fall to Pieces
Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight 1&2
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold, Breath, Until the End
Jerry Cantrell - Anger Rising
Danzig - Mother
Cold - Suffocate
Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
A Perfect Circle - Desperate Ravenous
Killswitch Engage - My Last Serenade
Dope - You Spin Me Round
Evanescence - Haunted, Everybody's Fool
Dave Matthews - Gravedigger, All Along the Watchtower
Fuel - Hemmhorage
Hoobastank - Crawling in the Dark
SOAD - Chop Suey, Streamline
KMFDM - Megalomaniac
Thursday - Steps Ascending
the Used - the Taste of Ink, Green and Yellow
Korn - Did My Time
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
Megaherz - Herz aus Stein, Rappunzel, Du Oder Ich
Sevendust - Bitch, Enemy, Separate, Black
Skindred - Nobody
Manson - This is the New Shit, Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth
Pantera - Respect
Frankie Valli - Walk Like a Man
Static-X This is Not, The Only, So
Taproot - Poem
Dropkick Murphys - warrior's code album
perhaps a little Phillip Glass
Last edited by doubleVee on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:23 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:49 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:09 pm

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 pm

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 pm

<ahem> the only song worth mentioning from my time in the Sea Org is Roller Coaster of Love by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy

Return to Off Topic & Humor