[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Help ESK design some goodies!

Help ESK design some goodies!

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:28 am

Help ESK design some goodies!

Hey Guys,

So ESK has started discussing what it would take to put up a Cafepress page for ESK, and it looks like we're gonna do it to try to cover our pretty modest site costs.

That means we'll soon be selling mugs, T-shirts, bumper stickers and other goodies.

We'd love it if some of our artsy members contributed to the idea.

If you have an idea for a design but you don't know how to use any design software, go ahead and post your idea in response to this thread, and one of our designers may just pick it up and run with it.

The rules:

Many of our rules are based on the Terms and Conditions of Cafepress. If you've got an idea for a design, but aren't sure if it violates the rules and it's not mentioned/clarified below, go ahead and look at the Cafepress terms and conditions here: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/images/help_law

- Do not use the trademarks of Scientology or RTC in your design (or the trademarks and service marks of anyone else, please). No pics of Ron (unless you drew it), no using the CoS cross, that kind of thing.

- No swear words, please. In other words, "F**K Scientology!" will not be accepted.

- Do not design a message that incites violence against anyone. It's not how we roll around here. Messages like, "burn Scientologists on a cross!" are totally unacceptable.

- You can, however, use any of the logos for ESK. If you want the original photoshops or fonts used for ESK, please PM me or write me and I'll send them to you.

- We really like whimsical, wry humor. Serious stuff is good as well, but Xenu.net has a lot of that in their store already. If it's already for sale on Xenu.net (check here: http://www.cafepress.com/clambake/ ) then we don't wanna sell it, because we don't want to take any money away from OCMB.

The Details:

- Your designs will need to be layed out in the size and formats specified by Cafepress. You can download product templates from Cafepress here:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/i ... _templates

We will be selling men and women's baseball jersies, hoodies, T-shirts, women's cap sleeves and tank tops, mugs, baseball hats, coffee cups, bumper stickers, buttons, and perhaps boxers/thongs. We will not be selling clocks, calendars, journals, baby items, maternity wear or magnets.

- Please save your designs in .png format.

- Design contests will run for one month, from August 12, 2008 to September 12, 2008. Post your designs in this thread, or if you don't know how to post a design to a message board, email me your designs and I'll post for you (kendra@exscientologykids.com).

When the design period is over, there will then be a discussion period where we all decide together which designs to choose. Admins have final say.

Where will the money go?

Money earned from Cafepress will pay our Cafepress costs and ESK site hosting / domain costs. Any additional funding beyond that will go either into a fund for site upgrades, or will be donated to an appropriate charity, or will be used to fund protests.

Other ideas for what to do with additional funds are welcome (though we *seriously* doubt we're going to go over what we need to keep the site going). If we do happen to go over what we need, everyone who contributed designs or design ideas that were chosen will have a say in where the money goes.

Okay, that's it. I don't think I forgot anything. Have fun, and I hope you join us!
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 am

Good idea. But are you taking donations??

I'll send some cash when you move over here.

Ideas, I'm not so good with that but I might give it a shot.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:04 am

No, we're not taking donations right now because we don't really need them.

Instead of having people just give us stuff, we wanted to give something in return or have something to offer. It's also more fun when everyone's involved in the process, instead of just holding out our hands and asking for money.

We may set up a donations page after the Cafepress thing goes up, though... it's just a matter of me getting back to the US and working it all out. Ugh, finances.

I also don't know what the laws are regarding that kind of thing.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:02 am

Well I wont be able to own anything from the site till I get my wife to see the truth. That will take some more time.

I don't know how else to help?
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:38 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 am

"For evil to flourish, it only requires that good men do nothing"--Simon Wiesenthal
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 pm

I ESKaped Scientology

I'm an ESKeteer

ESK Me a Question

ESK Me Why
I'm Wearing This

I Have ESK
on My Desk

My Computer
Is an ESKtop

Please ESKuse Me

(Or, the old fashioned):
I [Heart] Exscientologykids.com
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:06 am

[Some of these are a little satirical or otherwise in-jokes that won't make much sense to a non-scientologist]

Disbelieving in the Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Scientology... its all part of growing up on exscientologykids.com

Voices In Unison... I told my story on exscientologykids.com

"Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's 1984? Yes,yes, that's wonderful. That would be--- could be the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence." - L. Ron. Hubbard, Philadelphia Doctorate Course (erased by RTC)

I though I had a job for life... they even gave me a billion year contract... and then they fired me!

Join the Sea Organization and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees spiritual salvation. Would you like to know more?

In the event of a psychotic break, please return me to the nearest Church of Scientology.

The cake is a lie... find the hidden data line... exscientologykids.com

Piracy in high philosophy... Anonymous stole my religion

I found enlightenment by rejecting salvation.

Scientology? Won't somebody please think of the children - exscientologykids.com

Good girls go to course, bad girls go to exscientologykids.com
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:43 am

(photo by www.TonyPham.com, design by anonymous per licence agreement. Must be posted on any website using this image. Image found in Creative Commons Search. Anyone who wants to use my rendition of the image, feel free to do so without any restriction)

Tell me what you think. Remember, fire is the only way to burn the bad parts of the idea away.

I like the slogans listed above. Honestly, I'm not an X, so I don't think any slogan I can think up is as genuine as the ones you guys toss out. When I'm feeling better, I'll grab a few that work easily into my brain and add some graphics. Hopefully the outcome will be good. [/img]
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:57 am

<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:13 am

Text: Voices in Unison
I told my story to esk.com
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:18 am

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:52 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:35 am

<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Let me know when you are close to having things ready for cafepress site, I can raster most of these designs and make them readily scalable, and send you files that are easily manipulated to work in a vertical T shirt orientation, or a horizontal orientation and rearrange for coffee cup/sticker style design.
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Great job myspace_sux!

Here's another cup idea:

Wake up and smell the coffee

on exscientologykids.com
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Just a quickie. A little hung over today. I played around with harsher wording, but in the end, I liked above post better.

<<

myspace_sux

EPFer

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Plan to do more with this soon. Great cup idea NoSO
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:02 am

HAAAAhahah. Some great stuff on here. I've been sent a couple of things by email, and I plan to post those on here soon.
Next

Return to General Chatter