[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Question for Jughood or Pro-Scientologists (OTIII Refs!)

Question for Jughood or Pro-Scientologists (OTIII Refs!)

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:54 am

Question for Jughood or Pro-Scientologists (OTIII Refs!)

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:21 pm

I can comment on that too btw.

I haven't actually read all the materials but, hey, it's kind of hard not to "get" what it is.

And although I am against the church, I am pro-scientology.

I believe that it's possible that such things happened. Not from a "scientific" viewpoint, but from a "faith" viewpoint.

I haven't actually experienced the level, so I do not know if running it would actually help, etc. I would have to experience it. But just because it looks like a bunch of BS, it doesn't mean that it might not be enjoyable to run the process.

The story of the christian messiah is also something that, looking objectively, sounds wierd. But does it mean it never happened? No.

The fact that I don't beleive it, doens't alter the fact that there ARE people that believe it or know it with all their heart and soul.

I don't know if this is a distraction to the comm cycle with jughood, but there's my take.
<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:35 am

Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 pm

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:26 pm

You know, when I think about it, the OT III incident probably wouldn't necessarily stop a depressed person from seeking help from Scientology.

All it takes to be converted, really, is some really nice Scientologists promoting it, some love bombing, and an auditing session where the you have "wins." And if you feel happier and you feel good compared to how you felt before, you're not going to care that there might be a bizarre sci-fi story on OT III.

I guess it's analogous to a depressed atheist being saved by Jesus and converting to Christianity.
<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:07 pm

<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:03 am

LRH Research Method Revealed, OT MDCCLXXVII!

"I'm drinking lots of rum and popping pinks and greys."

Sorry. I know you have a serious question. But that really is what comes to mind!

In reading Dianetics what i have seen is that LRH makes repeated assertions which he then tries to provide vague examples for. However, this is totally backwards from the scientific process. "Dianetics Works!' is hardly a testable premise when 'dianetics' is never defined, or defined so vaguely that it could be anything. Critical thinkers of that time saw this and rightly warned people against it. The problem was and is that people do tend to follow authority (remember the gradually increasing electric shock experiments, anyone?) if authority asserts itself strongly enough to overcome their basic instincts of right and wrong. IMHO this is one of the foundational techniques for drawing people in to Scientology.
Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

nikkoleranger

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 am

RLTW
<<

FatChance

Non-E

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Why would one believe this?

<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 am

http://www.freewebs .com/techoutside thecofs/
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:32 am

<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:21 pm

TRUEFORM
Your dad was an exorcist? You can still BE an exorcist? Terril, that's so cool, I don't know whether to compose a metal song to your father or rethink my entire worldview or both.

TERRIL
My Father has passed away. I think He'd be honoured to have a song
composed in his honour. He was also a healer in the Order of St Johm or something similar.

I know some " Squirrel" Philipina catholics who very seriously get into excorcism.

Now hold your hat!

They had someone who was sick, and the excorcist and helpers visited and put holy water and a cross on her, and the person said the cross was very hot and then went into a trance, or as described was possessed by the person who had put a bad spell or bad wish on her. The excorcist
beat the sick person with a broomstick and asked who she was, and
got a name, carried on beating and then asked the person to remove the spell. This apparently happened. The sick person woke up, not remembering what happened and was better the next day. Doctors had found no cause for the extreme fatigue etc.

Another person had an extremely severe case of excema, something that is very difficult if not impossible to cure. And the Drs hadn't. She had
a ceremony with matches held to her body and got very hot but dosn't remwember much. Within a couple of days the excema had gone. I was witness to that.

Another case of multiple excorcisms. Several healers handled people one after the other. Holding parts of the body, and saying "go back to where you belong". Sometimes the person walked in a trance and then woke up wondering how they had moved.

I say squirrel not because of the excorcism methods but that at least some of them followed a spiritual leader who channelled Jesus alledgedly.
They still think they are main stream catholics though.

" I consider the "Magickal" roots of scientology to be something to attract peoples interest to scientology. Its definitely a minority viewpoint! "

TRUEFORM
I don't know that this is necessarily true. I mean, it puts a lot of people off, but my 15-year-old Wiccan experimenting self would have thought that was really cool. Might have kept me in a bit longer. Instead, I was thown into ethics for burning incense and making little love charm sachets.

... Wow, that's more embarassing than I remember. *wince*[/quote]

TERRIL
Ah! that explains the comm lag for them working. After all your just back from honeymoon. :)

You should have told the E/O that you were just going back to the source of source. After all he did recomend one of Crowleys books in the PDC lectures. :)
<<

fuji_fruit

Clear

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:20 am

Re: Question for Jughood or Pro-Scientologists (OTIII Refs!)

<<

fuji_fruit

Clear

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:22 am

<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 pm

There are approx 60 freezone groups in the former russian states.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:52 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Terril park

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Return to Pro Scientology