[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:31 pm

My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

I ask for respect before any other reaction. I am taking an enormous risk creating this thread. I recognize that many former Scientologists and anti-Scientologists can be douchebags, just as Scientologists can be. I do not want trolls coming after me or my stories with bigoted unjust remarks. And yet, I do not want to deny myself potential fans. I also appreciate this website's board for not taking the dive into anti-Co$ douchebagry as much as some anti-Co$ havens have (say, the IMDB message boards). So I feel the chance is worth taking. If things go wrong, I will deal with the consequences.

[takes breath] I am an ex-Scientologist who writes celebrity fanfiction involving prominent Scientologist actors. I have been writing nearly three years now and never have been harassed or otherwise Fair-Gamed once by Scientologists. I have had all my stories, not just the Scientology ones, banned from websites because of their Scientology content. Friends who have stood up for me on the same sites have found themselves banned too. I have also been trolled by anti-Scientologists, accused of promoting the Co$. That is not my intent at all. I write for fair depiction, the condemnation of bigotry, and because I think my stories are good and my characters are hot and interesting. It's nothing more than that. You can find my stories here:

Full disclosure- they do feature erotic adult content. The subjects may also not be appropriate for the close-minded. If you wish to maintain your level of blind Scientology misunderstanding, I advise against reading my work.

Some prominent pieces in which ex-Scientologists may be interested:
- "The Rendezvous". Bisexual slut Keri Russell is attracted to an angry anti-lesbian, a precocious Lolita-wannabe, and a friendly person who is a member of what Keri believes to be a dangerous cult. How will Keri resolve this mess?
- "Passion of Erika Christensen". A young Scientologist actress comes of age as a slut and tries to live her beliefs in a good way. She faces down fanatic jerk Tom Cruise in Chapter 1 and also loses her virginity. In Chapter 2 she is turned on to the swinger scene by Scientologists with secret lives. In Chapter 3 she embraces bisexuality. In Chapter 4, she inadvertently picks up an Anon for a one night stand.
- "Counseling". Erika must deal with an SP inside her own church while at the same time aiding a reform movement inside the Co$ and reconnecting with a friend she disconnected from unfairly.
- "Rekindled". Erika restores another unfair disconnection she made.

Coming next year are "Free Katie" (Erika gets close to Katie Holmes and saves or destroys Tom Cruise's marriage), "Road to Damascus" (a Scientology protester learns the dangers of hating too deeply) and "Descent" (an SP takes shape inside Scientology's ministry and does much damage to her own church as she practices their ways fanatically. She of course damages herself too.).

Yes, I somewhat idealize and fictionalize Scientology in my stories. I do this to make my work appeal to both the pro- and anti- sides. I also prefer to encourage the good in a religion and defame the bad rather than condemn it all outright. If I am wrong in this, I'll discuss it with God when I meet Him.

I'm a Deist Christian personally, although I was in Scientology for a few months a long time ago and I have researched it quite a bit. My girlfriend is a Freezoner and her best friend is a public Scientologist. They are my primary advisors on how to get my Scientologist characters right. I am not bitter about leaving Scientology, I am more middle of the road than anything else on the issue. I have been known to trash anti-Co$ trolls who condemn me for not sharing their extreme stance.

Some reviews my stories have gotten:
- "You cast Erika as a rebel Scientologist slut? Freaking awesome!"
- "If he wrote his own characters, he'd be unstoppable."
- "You write well. The dialogue is terrific."

Everyone please be aware- my stories are fictional. They are not meant as depiction of the real world, just as entertainment for the body and mind. I will ban from my newsgroup anyone I see trolling my work unfairly (this includes both pro- and anti-Scientologists). I welcome any readers who can come with open minds and give good honest praise or constructive critique.

If you can be the latter, visit my newsgroup. Enjoy! Again, the link is:

I hope I don't regret this. DRE out.
<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Links

Okay, it seems my links were caught by the site spam filter. Shoot. I did not intend to post spam. Ack. Perhaps this is for the best. Anyone who wants a link can email me at Doug Elder 21 @ yahoo . com (delete spaces).
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

<<

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 pm

<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 pm

And, Grundy, I just read your story. You are awesome. I would like to use that "I am a free man and so are you" line in a story someday. :D
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:03 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:52 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

DRE

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:50 pm

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm

<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:20 am

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:16 am

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:41 am

<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:00 am

<<

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 am

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:08 am

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:18 am

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 am

a) I never demeaned Anonymous. You read that into it. I am actually quite grateful for the way ya'll have opened up the dialogue on Scn.

b) Not too terribly old, no, but not a teenager, if that's what you are asking. Flattering that my age doesn't show online I suppose ;-)

c) The conclusion is as follows and as I stated before:
1) when you elevate Scn over other cults and make it into an exception, you give it power it doesn't need to have. If you know anything that an average freshman college student would know, you know that *cough BSG cough* all this has happened before and all of it will happen again.
2) therefore, if you want to be effective in combating CoS, you would do well to understand how similar events have occured before.
3) there is a great deal of "haha Xenu is so ridiculous, the beliefs of Scilons are so stupid" that goes around. NO. This is the wrong way to go if you want to make progress. (aside from the fact that I find the hypocrisy of it coming from religious folks annoying.) If you understood anything from that freshman year in college, it should have been that all religions have similarly ridiculous beliefs, and that making fun of it won't get you anywhere with them. In other words, know your enemy.

[On a more personal level, my reaction to being raised a Scilon and for a time in the deep South was to decide that all religions were out to get people and surpress them. It's taken me a very long time to get over that mentality but it still comes through. ]
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:22 am

final word

My stories do not "favor the cult." They never have. I clearly call attention to the problems I see and I have been praised for it. I expect I will be again when the time comes. Check out my stories at:

h ttp:// gr oups.yaho o.com/ group/ Fro st-Fire/ [delete spaces]

I am not afraid. I just don't like trolls who believe their viewpoint is the only valid viewpoint. I don't appreciate douchebags who think they can insult and use scripture of any religion to justify themselves. Same for those who can ignore good and proclaim evil is all there is just because of a few people's pain. Good always exists. Good wins out in my stories. Maybe life will imitate art. :)

"Slut" is used to attract attention and not as an insult. Check out the swingers' manual "The Ethical Slut", which gave me the idea. I understand your opinion. I do not share it.

I ask those who read my stories to please do so with open minds. Be willing to challenge and expand your beliefs. Do not hate. Or if you can't do that, for your own good and mine, I hope you'll stay away.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Last edited by Iknowtoomuch on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
Next

Return to The Vault