[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - mail and phone calls? strange coincidence

mail and phone calls? strange coincidence

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

guest66

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:57 pm

mail and phone calls? strange coincidence

About 6 months ago I started getting TONS of mail from Flag after literally 10 years of radio silence. I went online and requested to be removed from all mailings, listing only my name and address, but definitely not my phone number. I never heard anything back, but eventually the mail slowed down. My current address is new, and I have never gotten mail here before.

I told my parents about this (who are no longer active in the church either, but still get the mail and phone calls). Come to find out, Flag had been calling my parents looking for me in regards to being taken off the mailing lists. My parents refused to give them my number, but gave me their number to call about the mailings. I called them from Skype, which leaves no caller ID info, and again gave my name and address, and mailing label codes. Within 3 weeks, all mail had stopped.

Strangely enough, I get a phone call last weekend on Sunday morning from Flag, on my CELL PHONE! The guy wanted to verify my mailing info (he read it to me...all correct btw), and finally I interrupted and asked what the purpose of the call was. He said just to make sure their database has my correct info because they have important things to mail to out. I told him I had asked to be taken off all mailing lists and do not want to be contacted ever again. He goes to ask if I have seen the new DVD, I say no. I also asked how he got my phone number... he said it was on his sheet, but didn't know what it came from.

So then he says he can take care of the mailing issue, just has to ask a few question, like why I want off, and WHAT I DO FOR WORK? WTF?

I told him it's none of his business, and said I had to go.

Anyway, I check my mail and sure enough, there is that DVD to watch. I did watch it and have to say it's well done, but I don't see how people can believe it.

I know for sure my parents didn't give them my cell number. Where the hell did they get it?
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:16 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:33 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:19 am

<<

puzzled?

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:38 pm

cellphone #'s

This cellphone number thing infuriates me!

The other day my wife's cellphone (which is almost never used and has NEVER been shared with anyone except immediate family!) rings - and a male voice asks for ME by Name! Wife said "wrong number" and hung up.

But, this is OUTRAGEOUS! There is no way this number could have been linked to my name. The bills do come to the same mailing address, though. That's all we could come up with for a possible link.

Any others experiencieng this? Anyone know how this could be done?

puzzled?
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: cellphone #'s

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am

Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

FLYGIRL

Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 pm

SCIENTOLOGY CALLED MY NEW CELLPHONE NUMBER

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 pm

<<

Piqued

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:05 am

Unwanted calls, mail and in-person delivery to my door

I left Scn in the 1980s, collected my untaken course and auditing funds and regained my self. The past 25 or so years have been good; leaving is not something I regret.

However, recently various Scn "mailing centers" have started calling to confirm my home address or name and phone number. I know this is a business building technique and that I'm not being targeted, but it is still quite annoying. They called daily, sometimes more than once a day. I record to screen all my phone calls, and generally was not at home when they called anyway.

A month ago though, I was home. I told the caller to stop calling this number as we considered it harassment, and the calls stopped for several weeks.

This evening someone called around 9 pm with the same address correction excuse. An hour later he called again, saying he was outside the security gate to my complex and was trying to hand deliver a package, which he says he left there when I didn't pick up the phone.

I don't know what to do next. Assuming the package is really there, I want to take it to the police, as I feel stalked. I don't want to get involved in a lawsuit, I just want my privacy. I am on the National Do Not Call list, how can they legally be calling me after more than 20 years? I certainly can unlist my telephone number, and would consider the monthly expense the price of being young and foolish in my youth.

At this point I'm looking for resources to guide me. I learned that I can take the sack of accumulated mail to the post office and they will block it if I declare it harassment, so I shall. But the idea that someone has come to my home gives me the willies.

The mail is coming from ASHO, AOLA, IAS Administrations in Los Angeles and Flag Service Organization in Tampa and Church of Scientology Religious Trust in Clearwater. The callers leave mostly toll-free numbers so I don't know where the calls originate.

Thank you for reading and for your suggestions.

P.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 am

The only way that I've heard to get yourself off their lists is to ask all kinds of questions about the OTIII information to the person on the phone. Xenu, DC9's, vocano's, explosions etc.

Each area has the numbers listed sepperately. So yu might get calls from Flag then later be getting calls from PAC.
<<

piqued

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 pm

phone calls, mail and in person appearance

I theoretically know about OTIII already.

I don't want to learn more about Xenu and the rest, I am done with Scientology. I also don't want to read up on Baha'i, something an old friend would love me to do. I am at peace as is.

However, I do have a lawyer who would write a cease and desist letter on my behalf, and send it to each of the orgs that are sending me mail and calling me.

Any ideas about the wisdom of this? I fear I may be setting myself up to be attacked if I respond. Last I heard, I was fair game for taking back my unused course and auditing deposits.
<<

Tramadol_attigoUnparia

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Your Forum is really wonderful

Your Web Site is really wonderful and I bookmarked it. Thank your for the hard work you must have put in to create this wonderful facility. Keep up the excellent work!
<<

stillinclearwater

EPFer

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 am

<<

Piqued

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:29 am

Scientology mail and calls

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 am