[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - mail and phone calls? strange coincidence

mail and phone calls? strange coincidence

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:14 am

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:09 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 am

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:26 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:53 am

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:48 am

DRE
I checked out the website that you posted and also read your previous posts. I agree with you on being tolerant of Scientologists as individuals but I do firmly believe that Scientology is a cult, and a dangerous one at that. It manifests all of the characteristics of a cult (which I will not go though but upon which we would all agree on). So, I guess the question is: Should we be tolerant of cults?
I understand your view on cult awareness groups, but if Scientology can spread their propaganda than those opposed to CoS should be allowed to as well. I think that anti-scientology sites are good in that those curious about CoS are able to get a different perspective. Hopefully, that will make them think twice about joining.
As an offside, Canada does not recognize the CoS as a religion, thus the CoS does not get tax breaks, tax write-offs, etc. They are regarded as a business. The Canadian Gov't is not tolerant of the CoS, and for that, I am glad. I think that's one of the contributing factors of why, in our city of 650,000 people, there is only one small org of about 40 members.
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 am

I think if a cult can grow and evolve into a religion, one should tolerate it. Of course, that takes a really long time. One could argue that many Christian and Islamic sects act like cults today, even though their teachings are widespread and millennia old.

I suppose a better answer is that if someone can take cult-like beliefs and live them in a way that harmonizes with the rest of humanity and benefits people as opposed to hurting them, one should be allowed the right to their beliefs. I regret that the more vocal and publically familiar Scientologists do not sponsor such an ideal. It seems the ones who do are barely acknowledged much of the time. I blame that on their "I am perfect" elitist attitude and the culture both they and their detractors have of putting down everyone with whom they can find fault.

I agree with you about the merits of anti-CoS sites.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:35 pm

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 am

<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:05 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am

Last edited by DRE on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 am

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:23 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 am

Your argument makes perfect sense. Thank you.
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:25 am

Thank you DRE. I think that both of our arguments make sense. Its just all a matter of perspective.
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm

You're surprised Kristal didn't know something? I see people TIRELESSLY educate and explain things to you constantly Dre... in fact, it's almost all people seem to do in response to you. Now, that's not offensive, but from what I can discern, a mere fact. We are not allowed to disparage each other, I am only making a valid point that you are surprised Kristal didn't know something, when in fact, it seems you don't know a lot.
<<

Music_Mp3_douffitoeddiz

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:31 am

I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Vault