[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - IAS annual event in East Grinstead - Protest - 16/10/2009

IAS annual event in East Grinstead - Protest - 16/10/2009

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:10 am

IAS annual event in East Grinstead - Protest - 16/10/2009

I set off this morning on a trip that took four hours by train to attend the IAS event at St. Hill Manor, to protest against the cult of $cientology.

On the way up to the memorial in East Grinsteads high street, one has to pass the "betterment Education Learning facility" which now proudly promotes large, brightly coloured sign writing in its windows. It does not say Scientology learning, but we all know what it is.Much to my dismay, next door is a school for learning also, which advertises education for 'babies and young children', this also has brightly, and freshly painted logos for the 'Montesouri' (not sure of spelling)School, which I initially was told has been around a long time and is nothing what so ever to do with Scientology.

Well,this "school" not only has logos on the side of the $cientology building but from my point of view struck me as either the $cientology learning center feeding off of the back of the Montesouri school or are one and the same. Later I learnt from someone recently out, this IS also $cientology.I would have taken photos, but my camera chose that moment to not work.

On to the war memorial, I met up with Hartly who was chatting to a couple of people. One of these people informed me via a friend they had tickets to get into the IAS event later on in the evening.She was going out of curiosity. We all know what curiosity did to the cat, so I informed her of a few well known facts about L. Ron Hubbard, especially from my own experiences. This lady will be going to the event tonight and will then have both sides of the equasion.

I went over to meet my anon friends over by the war memorial and shortly after a car drew up alongside me and a lady called me over.Initially she seemed a bit agressive and wanted to know why I was doing what I was doing. I gave her a brief account of my time in the sea org and $cientology in general, directed her to go look at Xenu.net and Lermanet.com for more info, which she thanked me for my time.

Off to the pub for refreshments and lunch for some, whilst at the bar, a man sitting there said "Who are all those people in masks heading this way", yet another chance to explain what we were doing there this day.After much chatting and merriment we headed over to St. Hill.

Myself and three others were the first to arrive, initially we stood our ground amongst the plant pots directly opposite the driveway.$cientology "drown the protesters out tech" was instantly used on us in the form of loud speakers wailing Scottish bagpipe music out at an incredible volume, that even the most sympathetic of Health and Safety officers would have had a hard time justifying this as being extremely detrimental to ones hearing.Even the security guards were having a hard time, and they were nearer the loud speakers than us.As soon as the police arrived on the scene the wailing bagpipes mysteriously turned themselves off.Then came back on again at a much lower volume.

Drown the SPs out tech was used all afternoon, mainly in the form of bagpipes but occasionally interspersed with a little light classical music, I'm not sure whether this was meant to send us to sleep. It didn't.

After 10 minutes of protesting in the flower pots we were asked to move over to the sectioned off area for our own safety. Whilst not really wanting to move, we did, as always some drivers were determined to run over our feet. We did ask if we might be allowed to stand on the St. Hill Manor side of the road which was also cordoned off, but were told this was owned by the Scientologists, as for the flower pots opposite, well the Scientologists had permission from the land owner to put them there and cordon us off up the road. It seems not only are the Scientologists intent on running the world, they are also intent on owning all the verges in East. Grinstead.

Our loud speaker guy kept up an amazing effort in enturbulation, warning all and sundry that David Miscavidge wanted their money and he wanted it NOW.OSA were in evidence, twoing and frowing, but nothing like in previous protests. There was a small "flap" when the wailing bagpipes stopped and anon decided to let everyone have OT3 for free.OSAs phones came out double quick because L. Ron Hubbard could be heard going on about the "Gallaaaxy" and very quickly the bagpipes drowned him out.Hows that for loyalty to your Messiah.

Many cars and coaches went into St. Hill, many looked with interest at our picket signs.One extremely long white limosine entered St. Hill The windows were blacked out but only one persons shadow could be seen sitting inside.We got quite a few honks, waves and agreements from passers by. Only one middle finger was raised to us by a Scientologist

First one then two pipers came out to see us and got a round of applause from anon, It was good to meet up with some old friends and also to see some new anon. All in all a good protest.

David Miscavidge can wrap his events in gold, have swirling pipers and knights on steeds riding the grounds of St. Hill, but he can't fool us that this lavish spectacle helps mankind, too many lives have been ruined.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work! :D
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Does the Education Centre still look like this;

Really do wish I had managed to get a job in the London area. Oh well, maybe after I get two years here I'll try again.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm

the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Greenfields school and its offshoots

It appears that the Motessori "Childrens House Nursery" is a Scientology run nursery.

Whether this is all Montessori schools, I have yet to establish. Reading the Montessori website, it seems pretty much anyone can set up one of these schools. Knowing how Scientology loves to lie and spread propaganda off of the back of other peoples accomplishments, it would not surprise me either way.

Link to a thread I started on OCMB:

Return to Activism & Campaigns