[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Anonymous Answers: A Q&A.

Anonymous Answers: A Q&A.

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

AnonymousXW

Non-E

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:20 pm

Anonymous Answers: A Q&A.

Greetings. I am Anonymous.

First I'll tell you a little about myself. I a normal, working, human being when I am not under the guise of Anonymous. I have been Anonymous for a long time. Since our humble origins years ago, to our honorable (And not so honorable) escapades throughout the years, to now.

I originally planned on typing an informative, yet long winded, message explaining Anonymous. Instead, I have decided it will be more useful for me to answer any questions you have provided they do not completely tell you about our base websites and, anyone could be reading. Yet that's no reason not to ask! I will only shape my answers by those guidelines, Not the questions. I will be able to clear up any confusion or misconceptions you may have about us. Anonymous believes and utilizes that knowledge is power and Anonymous wishes to arm our allies with that knowledge.

Before we begin however I will clear up a few things.

We have talked about how we are a loosely affiliated group of like minded individuals from all walks of life. This is true. Yet many of us are not as loosely affiliated as the term suggests. We do not know one another in real life (Unless two friends are Anonymous) and we do not distinguish between one another. However Anonymous has been both a sword and shield, as well as badge, for many of us for years and we have memories and lessons from the past that the newer people do not have. This has helped us but led many people to be extremely misguided in there views of us. I'm not going to lie to you. We use tactics in finding and using information that could be viewed as sleazy or even downright wrong.. But in the end all of it is used for our one single goal at the time.

Anonymous has done disgusting things. Most of them for selfish reasons. Trolling, Myspace vandalizing, and the use of very harsh language towards our less important enemies (And each other but that's different. A brotherly thing. Kinda), and the like. I will not deny it. Why do it though? I'll answer with Who and Why.

Who and Why

People of Anonymous' closely affiliated. But not in that name of Anonymous. They did it for something all humans desire, but only realists will do. They realize the internet is not serious business (99% of the time. The 1% being censorship. Which is terrible for the Government or any group to do on the internet) and screw around to get "lulz". Which is our word for getting laughs in our spare time (We have little of it these days). But I won't fully explain every subtle nuance of lulz. It would take to long, and be rather boring. So don't get hung up on it.

One last thing. Enturbulation is our public board. And the old time Anonymous barely use it. We have other bases. Not extremely hard to find but I won't link to them.

So let's go on to the Q&A!

Any questions about Anonymous, our past, our present, and our future plans. All are welcome! Simply post your questions here! I will answer.

EDIT I have decided to change my stance slightly and use the names of our websites.

A brief rundown on the *chan Imageboards and Anonymous.

(Dear Anonymous,

Yes I'm breaking rule one and two. But those were made in the film Fight Club, Then stolen by Gaia, Then stolen by 4chan. Plus they only apply to those we DON'T want to hear about us.

-Anonymous)

Anonymous was born on 4chan. An imageboard run by the Admin known only as Moot. Specifically, We were born in the section known as /b/, where the name field, which was usually left blank less you gained the title "Namefag", automatically put your name as Anonymous. The Random board. It was a dark place. But it was dark like a drug crazed rave. It was a cruel place. But only to the ignorant of our customs, hence the saying "LURK MOAR" or "Excuse me kind sir but you are inadvertently showing your ignorance of our customs. Please look around and observe the behavior of others before posting". But back to the topic. Raids were organized. These raids provided us our lulz. The habbo hotel pool blockades? Us. The excessive prank calling of Tom Green Live? Also us.

Then one day our benefactor, then malefactor, now misguided, Admin, Moot decided the raids and many of our other things we enjoyed were a bannable offense. This day is forever known to us as /b/day. The day Moot destroyed /b/. Ever since then 4chan has taken a steep decline.

But there was hope for the countless banned(b&) and refugees. It was called 7chan. It was great. The mods were /b/tards (What we called ourselves besides Anonymous) like us. They were cool. Anonymous flourished! We had the /i/nvasion, called simply /i/, board at our disposal where we could organize and plan our raids. From 7chan we launched the Hal Turner raids. We prank called a White Supremacist online radio show and effectively destroyed it as we had with other raids*. For about two years things flourished. There were other chans, Namely 420chan. Which once 7chans /i/ was taken offline was the main board for /i/. Then drama ensued. Anonymous Politics. Suffice it to say the main /i/ and *chan is now 711chan. There we hold /b/ and /i/ today. We have another board on there completely dedicated to the Scientology protest. I won't name the latter as it implies OTIII things (I think).

*I decided to add an extra section to talk about raiding. Raiding was fun. Raiding still is fun. Anonymous, sometimes under different names, raided many places and groups. Usually we were either offended, outraged, or saw huge potential lulz. Sometimes all three. We drove most of the furries of youtube because we felt they clogged it up and were outraged and telling us we were persecuting them for making fun of there fetish. We attacked Subeta (A gaia AND neopet ripoff. They rip off two things we don't like and combine them) for taking Longcat, our lord god of /b/ and odd Anonymous meme(Fad, In-joke, what have you) and turning it into a fashion item. We destroyed Hal Turner's show for being racist, and lulz worthy for attacking. The Fox News report showed us we could get attention. Our other raids showed us we had power. Anonymous realized that all these raids were mere training for what we are doing now. Our finest hour.

So that's a quick rundown. But it's and I may have left out some points. Keep those questions coming![/i]
Last edited by AnonymousXW on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 am

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

AnonymousXW

Non-E

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:48 am

<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:08 pm

If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Information on the origins of the Rickroll, generally worksafe, but don't click any links.

Why Rick Astley? No one really knows, the name just worked I guess; Rickroll, commemorating the old Duckroll.

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 pm

RickRollin is just fucking funny. Its a social commentary on the evolution of pop culture and style with a song that is pretty hokey but with the sad truth that the guy had a good set of lungs.

If only he had used his power for the forces of good...
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

AnonymousXW

Non-E

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Rickrolling.

Rick rolling. Oh how we love it. Due to it's distinguishable beat and mediocre performance of Mr. Astley it has become a staple of groan inducing internet jokes. It didn't even originate within Anonymous. It actually came from the World of Warcraft Off Topic message board. Since then it is one of the most widespread internet pranks and even Family Guy* Roll'd us at one point.

*If you didn't see it keep an eye out for it on youtube. Twentieth Century Fox keeps deleting it.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Okay, Okay, now I get it!!!! LOL :lol:

Sorry, I am so tragically "unhip"! :oops:

I just got Rickrolled to the video on U tube. I am amazed to see it has over 6.8 million views!

That is too funny!!!!! :notworthy:
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

LongusCatus

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:18 am

Re: Rickrolling.

<<

k

EPFer

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:04 am

duckroll, rickroll, hood's... a chan tradition.

also:

<<

AnonymousXW

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:52 am

Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
<<

AnonymousID-V42B

Clear

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:03 am

"If David Miscaviage declared hell suppressive, I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in /b/."
~Anonymous
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:21 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is

Return to Activism & Campaigns