[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Scientology and Homophobia

Scientology and Homophobia

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Scientology and Homophobia

So, I'm curious... what is exactly the current attitude regarding homosexuality right now in Scientology?

You know, I was fairly anti-gay when I was in Scientology. I know that Hubbard wrote that it's an aberration and down at 1.1. When my younger sister turned out to be bisexual and dating girls, I did clash with her over her orientation because of this. Although, my attitude has changed since leaving Scientology, particularly since I've realized that I'm at least bisexual.

Anyway, after joining myspace a few years ago, and after finding a number of Scientologists and Delphi students on myspace, I've learned that a number of Delphi students have come out of the closet over the years (one guy I know even got a sex change!). They still seem pretty accepted by the rest of the group. It seems to me that most Scientologists I know don't have a problem with it.

Of course, I did find one former friend from Delphi over myspace. When I told her that I was bisexual and that I had had one gay encounter, she deleted me from her friends and blocked me. Apparently, she wrote me off as being a 1.1 and suppressive, even though we had been good friends during her brief time at Delphi.

I am aware that there are gay Scientologists. A few years ago, I even found a yahoo group for GLBT Scientologists. From my observations, it doesn't seem like any gay Scientologists are in Scientology to cure their gayness, they completely accept it. I also know that it is common for gay Scientologists to have trouble getting services or trouble in Ethics because of their sexual practices. But the ED at the Seattle Org told me, "We're not supposed to control or regulate people's sex lives, but when a gay person is getting auditing, we'd want him to refrain from engaging in sexual activity to avoid getting restimulated."

Tory recently posted a video on YouTube about Scientology and gays. She didn't say anything I disagreed with, just that all the gays she knew in Scientology were given hard times, and I don't doubt what she says. But on OCMB, she and other posters have said that on the OT levels, gays are expected to "straighten out."

Anyway, I figure since the younger generation is generally more accepting of gays than the older generation, I figure the same would apply to Scientologists. So, I wanted to discuss this topic on this board where there are younger ex-Scientologists who may have had a different experience with this than the older generation of ex-Scientologists.

Now, of course, I can see that Kendra got in a lot of trouble for "being a lesbian" even though she only kissed one girl.

Anybody else have any input on this? Does/did anybody know of any gay Scientologists? In particular, are there any gay Scientologists on the OT levels who still have gay relationships and aren't trying to straighten out?

And by the way... what does everybody think of the gay rumors of John Travolta and Tom Cruise?
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Last edited by ChaoticPsychotic on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Legion1

EPFer

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:34 pm

<<

bushkaGND

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:38 pm

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Last edited by Holden Caulfield on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:47 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Xenuclosedthepool

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 pm

<<

The Chief

Clear

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:55 pm

So on top of being a Scientology critic, my orientation is offensive to them? How lovely.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:20 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:44 pm

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:52 pm

<<

The Chief

Clear

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:30 pm

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:38 am

Last edited by Holden Caulfield on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:09 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:28 am

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:58 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 am

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:53 am

Next

Return to General Chatter