[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Did you "choose" a Scientology family?

Did you "choose" a Scientology family?

Moderator: doubleVee

49%
11%
14%
26%

Total votes : 35
<<

Oshana

EPFer

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:04 am

deleted
Last edited by Oshana on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

rollette

Non-E

Post Mon May 12, 2008 1:25 am

Yes growing up as a scientologist I was told that I am "above and beyond" the average person because I chose my parents. I chose to be born into a scientologist family etc.
<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Fri May 23, 2008 7:18 am

I chose it! So they said.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Fri May 23, 2008 7:07 pm

I find it weird when people say that they were told that they were past life clears. I thought that people were supposed to have their own recall of this last life and remember being or attesting to clear in the last one. Not that somebody would end up telling you that you were one. So I don't get it. I hope there is somebody who knows. I do recall two people in the Sea Org telling me that they remember their past lives. One of them had attested to Clear, so I asked her if she was this life or past life Clear and what gender she was. She told me that she was a past life Clear and was female in her last life too.
<<

dolphinlover

EPFer

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:14 am

reincarnation/choosing a Scin family

Amy S. ALK greater so cal area

My way of joking is to tell the truth; it's the funniest joke in the world.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:02 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 pm

my mother (i don't like to call her mother really but whatever...) said i was the one that pushed her into joining the sea org.. and yeah, she told me the story of "u chose me" too... sorry but i would've never chosen her ^^ to me.. that thing is a lie.. but i respect everyones beliefs.
<<

IvanoFFGera

Non-E

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Did you "choose" a Scientology family

CJR,

You are so right. It is not fair for the kids who are forced into Scientology. Children look to their parents to set an example so they can go forward in life and do well scientology works against the family and works against relationships. Im sorry you had to go through this.

Welcome to this mb.

___
: the BEST program for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
<<

kestrel

Non-E

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Did you "choose" a Scientology family?

For sure. My mother, in particular, was fond of deflecting any accountability for her abusive behavior if any of her kids dared protest. Her stock response was something in the realm of "stop being a victim. you are responsible for choosing this family." I don't remember a specific conversation that explained how we chose our parents/family, but I am aware of always having known it, at least as far back as my memory goes (5 or 6 years old). I started courses as soon as I could read, so no doubt, I learned it somewhere in there.
Previous

Return to Your Story