[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Alister Crowley and LRH? Scientology and Satanism

Alister Crowley and LRH? Scientology and Satanism

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Alister Crowley and LRH? Scientology and Satanism

<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm

I think you could say that Scientology is a 21st century holdout of a spiritual movement that had its roots in the 19th century. There's aspects of Theosophy, Golden Dawn, and Crowley-ish stuff that Hubbard tried to incorporate into a "rational" self-help system. It appears he also ripped-off certain aspects of German book published in the '30s called "Scientology: Science of the Constitution and Usefulness of Knowledge" by Dr. Nordenholz.

There were plenty of these sort of quasi-scientific Gnostic movements in and around Southern California mid-Century. Dianetics and Scientology just stuck somehow.

As for the Crowley connection -- Crowley himself isn't strictly "Satanic" (though a Christian might say that we're splitting hairs). Crowley propounded a Gnostic mystery religion that followed a series of revealed truths -- like Freemasonry, and the Rosicrusian groups before it and Scientology after. There were and are plenty of other groups that follow that same template of revealed truths (including early Christianity). In Crowley's belief system, humanity has access to a new evolutionary epoch through the intercession of adepts who use magic and ritual to bring it about. (Sounds like a lot of Indiana Jones gibberish to me)

There were a group of Crowley followers in Pasadena in the thirties, led by a special effects designer and amateur rocket scientist named Jack Parsons. Parsons was also affiliated with a loose circle of science fiction writers, though which he met our pal LRH.

LRH and Parsons did a lot of dabbling in Magick, looking for concrete results, whereas Crowley was peddling vivid metaphors. Crowley heard about their experiments and thought they were idiots who didn't understand Crowley's system at all.

Anyway, LRH ended up ripping off Parsons, stealing his yacht and his wife. Parsons died from a chemical explosion in his garage.

There's a couple of fascinating books about Parsons that feature LRH as a villian : Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons and Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons.
<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:33 am

Mystery Sandwich

<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:13 am

<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Movie the Profit

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:31 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:17 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:23 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:58 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 am

Numerology..Study?

Perhaps I am more of a numeroligist because I am searching for God alone, the only way I feel it can truly be done to some degree, without being absused and used by somebody else; by using what is good and true as weapon against me....

but I myself have observed the patterns as one observes the waves and tides of the sea, or the gravitational pull of the moon, and when it proves true enough as I have been studying the "cult Links" for the past 10 years, since I was 20..I am ready to share what I think "might" be a possible truth..have any of you conversed with the "moveon.org" kids? (Children of God)

The "Victory Camps" are the EXACT SAME as the RPF camps..there is a pattern they all follow..

I am just trying to make sense of it?
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Thu May 01, 2008 7:58 am

Leaving Scientology taught me exactly that. You must be fully self determined when searching for "the truth" or at least "your truth". While you may expand your awareness by noticing patterns that others have seen, you are the one who must see them, and ultimately it is possible to learn from everybody, even the beggar on the street has something to teach.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

sandra777

EPFer

Post Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 am

YOUTUBE CENSORSHIP

Return to Tech Debates & Discussion