[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Is there a Sea Org retirement plan?

Is there a Sea Org retirement plan?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

BC

Non-E

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Is there a Sea Org retirement plan?

Is there such a thing as a Sea Org member that retires? I am curious because I have some in-laws that are in the Sea Org and I don't understand how they plan to support themselves in old age. From my understanding CO$ Sea Org members don't pay into Social Security because they have opted out of it, which means they aren't eligible for SS benefits when they are old. A person obviously can't save on their own if they only make $50 per week. So what happens to these people? Is there some CO$ home they go to or what?
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:49 pm

There is no separate retirement home for Sea Org personnel. From what I picked up, you would be expected to keep working until you are physically unable to do. We are here to save the planet, you are not allowed to be some namby-pamby panty-waste dilettante.

In practice, my assumption is that if the CoS thought you would be a significant drain on resources, such as becoming chronically ill, you would probably be fitness borded out of the SO, and would become somebody else's problem.

Otherwise if you significantly contributed to the SO over many years, they would probably allow you to continue to remain within the SO, and receive food, clothing, accommodation and pocket money, on the same terms as everybody else. You would never become officially "retired", though you might CSW (= ask permission and justify in writing) to be assigned some fairly easy and unstressful post, such as gardener at Walsh Manor (one of the SO accommodation units).
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

BC

Non-E

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:26 pm

So basically at some point everyone gets fitness boarded out because nobody is healthy forever, baring cases of sudden death and people that leave prior? Are people working in the SO just too busy with the current day-to-day operations to think about their own future or is it frowned upon to worry about your future? I'm really confused why people would do this to themselves.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Instances of people being FB'ed out due to aging or health issues are actually pretty low provided there is a long service record, but you are still working until you keel over. I once overheard the PAC RPF I/C tell someone that "nobody has ever been FB'ed out of the SO because of health issues, but they have been FB'ed for case on post."

Of course, "Case on Post" can be interpreted any number of ways.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 am

That happened to me, because I was sick all the time. I was just told it was "case on post". In fact there were several things wrong, like I had mono and hypothyroidism and seizures. Oh wait, that's just because of my case. Sorry, I'll knock off the serv-fac now. (That means, for non-Scientologists, something that you use to make yourself right, like being sick or whatever so that your mom feels bad.)

There was an old guy who worked at PAC when I was there, maybe 70? White hair, kind of crazy, tall and thin. He shuffled around working still. But he slept a lot. He was an exception to the rule. Most people I knew that got sick/old were FB'd out.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:37 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

dt2000

Clear

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Laura D.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:56 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:36 am

Return to General Chatter