[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Are scientologists racist?

Are scientologists racist?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Legion1

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Are scientologists racist?

This is the first time I've ever posted on a board such as this and I'd like to ask that you be patient with me. Please bear with me here, as my post is quite long.

Firstly, I've never been involved with the CoS or anyone in it for that matter, but for the last fortnight I've done little else than do research into it. I didn't think it affected so many people.

The first thing I wanted to ask was, why are so many Scientologists from the USA? Everything I read about them, Lisa McPherson, Mark Bunker, David Miscavige etc., I was wondering why it involved only Americans. Other than the recent German ban, I hear nothing much from anywhere else.

I took a look at where Scientologists open orgs, and why is it that all of them are predominantly in countries full of caucasians? You'd think that religions would go to where people need help the most, namely Third World countries like India, China, Brazil, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Bangladesh etc. but of all those, I only know about one org in China. If a religion professes to save mankind, why then would you not go to the most populous areas of the world?

I did some more digging around, and I found these quotes from Hubbard:-

"[The Chinese] have neither the foresight or endurance to overrun any white country in any way except by intermarriage. One American marine could stand off a great many yellowmen without much effort.

A Chinaman can not live up to a thing, he always drags it down.

They smell of all the baths they didn’t take.
The trouble with China is, there are too many chinks here"

“One of the reasons they [the Japanese] have bad eyesight is probably these microscopic characters [furigana] which have many lines and strokes to them.& We wonder why they went mad and bombed Pearl Harbor when they knew they couldn’t win. That [the Japanese language] would be a reason.”

“The South African native is probably the one impossible person to train in the entire world; he is probably impossible by any human standard.”

Funny how he tries to spread his 'religion' in a place where there are more black people(natives) than white, yet he's only interested in the white people.

I figure it's probably an issue of money. The only reason he was racist was because he was only interested in countries which were prosperous. If only he could see Japan, China and India today, then he'd be kicking himself on missing out on a potentially huge 'market' of possible recruits.

Anyway, the whole point of the above rant is this. If Hubbard was such a racist, do all the followers of the CoS, follow his example and carry that racism over to themselves? Sure, it's not going to say it in any official text, but are Scientology kids brought up to be prejudiced? I'm pretty sure in predominantly white schools like Delphi surrounded by all that dogma, that a fair bit of racism would creep in.

The reason I ask, is because, like I read in Kendra Wiseman's story, is because she said that Scientology kids have an ingrained hatred of psychiatry and it's hard to get rid of and she's honest enough to admit that. Now she is obviously no racist, living in China and all, but how about everyone else? It's easy to say "No no, of course not!" but if you were to ask yourself that question honestly, what would be the answer?

If you permit me, I'd like to give you a profile of a real person that I know. Let's call him Gary. Gary's just a normal 40 year old white man, raised in a Catholic environment in USA, with a wife and two children. His day job's a plumber and he plays poker on some weekdays for fun and on the weekends enjoys a casual BBQ. Nice enough guy with a large circle of 50 friends with perhaps 2 close friends. Now, he's asked one day if he's a racist person, to which he defiantly says no, but here's some interesting facts.

Gary has no non-white friends. Sure there are aquaintances, but none that he spends any time with outside of work. Even his weekend BBQ's which have up to 30 people sometimes have nothing but white people. Gary doesn't like any "ethnic" food. Just the normal meat, vegetables and pasta. He's never tried or will ever try curries, tofu, fried rice, sushi, falafels, souvlaki etc etc. Pretty much anything that's not a 'normal meat' (lamb, pork, chicken, beef) or the assorted 'normal vegetables' is not a part of his diet. The only TV shows he watches are things like American Idol or Football. He doesn't know anything about any other cultures like the significance of Chinese New Year, Ramadan or Thaipusam. He has never seen any movie which would be considered a "foreign film", such as anything Bollywood or something like Cidade de deus, Raise the red Lantern, Shichinin no samurai(Seven Samurai) etc.

Though Gary doesn't openly appear like a racist person, I'd still say he is. He's not going to come out and say or do anything bad against non-white people and probably never will. However, you're telling me that out of all the different people, foods, movies, culture etc. he cannot find ONE thing or person that he likes? Out of sheer probability, there's bound to be SOMETHING you would not only like, but love, be it Saki, Egusi, Lychees or Jackie Chan. You're telling me that out of all that people Gary meets in life, he can't find one non-white friend to come to his BBQ that doesn't act like a white person? Come on.

I'd like to thank you for reading this far, and I'd like to say again how greatly I appreciate you taking the time to read this, but I've been wanting to write something like this to the CoS community for quite some time.

I'm asking Scientologists this question, whether you're still in or you're ex. Can you understand how much like Gary scientologists are or has Hubbard's influence failed to get that far? Can you honestly admit that you wouldn't have a problem with your son or daughter getting married to a Rwandan or a Cambodian? Or even perhaps yourself? When you think of going overseas for a holiday, do you think about going to China or Malaysia and not just France or the UK? Can you see yourself eating crunchy fried grasshoppers or hiking up Mt.Kilimanjaro?
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:52 pm

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 pm

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:34 am

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Dio Brando

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:52 am

Don't fear failure-- not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.- Bruce Lee
<<

Ano Nymous

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 am

<<

Dio Brando

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:10 am

Don't fear failure-- not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.- Bruce Lee
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:01 am

<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:04 pm

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Last edited by Grundy on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:10 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm

"Ba Ba"
<<

Legion1

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:02 pm

I found an excellent website which had more quotes from LRH but also some stuff that's more recent. We all know LRH was a dribbler but the truth is that his legacy of racism continues even today. I'm pretty sure some of his bigotry would carry true today and it seems to be so.

Parts that I found interesting was David Miscavige calling Jesse Prince a nigger or that letter which said they didn't want Jews in Florida.

I think the important thing I learnt here is that while Scn isn't as bad as the KKK or neo-nazis, that you don't have to wear pointy hats to be racist. Racism can be hidden deep inside, and even harboring ill thoughts about others makes the world an ugly place.

What struck me also was Kendra admitting she still had problems being unbiased with psychiatry and that is a very proud, honest thing to say. Most racists don't even know they actually are racists, and they probably never will. Here's hoping that everyone here can get past that ugliness, or hopefully never even had it in them in the first place.
<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:04 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:07 pm

<<

Legion1

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:16 pm

<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:30 pm

<<

thkaal

Clear

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here
to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and
my kingdom is as great!

You have no power over me.
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Oprah is racist but it's ok for her to be because she is a rich black woman. You should here what she thinks of "Whitey".

:offtopic:

Oh and so is Kanye West. They both be hatin on whitey.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Next

Return to General Chatter