[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Parenting Tech??

Parenting Tech??

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Parenting Tech??

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:08 am

You know, that's pretty much all the stuff I've learned about parenting in Scientology.

Personally, I didn't really find anything objectionable about Scientology's parenting philosophies. A child should be allowed to be as self-determined as possible.

However... I do remember reading something about a barley formula for a baby. I don't think Hubbard's baby formula is very healthy.
<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 am

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 am

Well... from my experience (and it's limited because I was only in for about six years during my teens, and most of the time, that was at Delphi), kids are always encouraged to contribute back to their parents. Especially at Delphi, being so expensive, kids were encouraged to do a little stuff to help out their parents during their break. Before break, the supervisors would get with us one on one and ask us, "Now, what are your plans when you go home? And what's something nice you can do to help your parents out while you're home, just to give back, keep the exchange in?"

Obviously, there's a limited amount of stuff that kids can do, being kids. But... I remember Hubbard writing something along the lines that if a baby smiles or a kid draws a picture for their parents or gives them a collection of leaves they found outside, that counts as the child contributing back (that would apply more for little kids, obviously).

I don't think Hubbard ever wrote anything to the extreme of "If your kids don't do their chores, they are out-exchange, so throw them out of the house." I believe I have heard stories about some Scientology parents going to the extreme of charging their teens rent, but... I don't know of Hubbard writing anything specifically pertaining to that kind of scenario.

Return to General Chatter