[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Raid: California Ranch Sci School; AnonOrange has two mommys

Raid: California Ranch Sci School; AnonOrange has two mommys

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:48 am

Raid: California Ranch Sci School; AnonOrange has two mommys

After our hugely successful raid at Gold Base (Operation Creep Out), our next stop was the little known California Ranch School in nowhereville, west of Perris, California.

Here's their web site:
http://californiaranchschool.org/index. ... e&Itemid=1

This is the REAL DEAL folks: Applied Scholastic, Hubbard Study Tech and playdough math. It's not a very popular school, very run down and still advertising that enrolling is open at the END of September. Business is slow, like at all other scientology enterprises.

If you have any doubts about the nonsense, check this out:

"Can Homework be Dangerous?
What value do your children get from doing homework? According to Kathy Seal, co-author of Motivated Minds: Raising Children to Love Learning, homework does not usually advance the education of elementary school children. On the contrary, stuffing a great deal of information into their heads makes it harder to retain the data and could even damage their eagerness and joy of learning. "

[Isn't that convenient ! Teachers don't have to grade homework !]

'A teacher who puts too much stress on the importance of a particular subject does her students a great disservice. "

[Let's skip American History, it's not important!]

"For example, if you want to teach about biology, take your child on a nature hike. Enchant him by pointing out the beauty of a flower and taking time to feel the softness of its petals. Find delight in spotting a squirrel scampering across your path and in stopping to watch a line of ants busy at work. "

[What is it with scientologists and squirrels ? !!]

Plenty of testimonials:
"What I liked most was learning about the misunderstood word.

JJ – “What I liked most was learning about the misunderstood word. Going by words I didn’t understand caused disorder in my life, made me angry that I couldn’t understand, and kept me from finishing things. Once I began clearing words, I could understand what I was studying and easily complete assignments. Thank you, CRS for helping me graduate so quickly and for teaching me about Study Technology."

:roll:

Welcome to California Ranch, where teachers are nuttier than a squirrel in a peanut factory !

Last edited by AnonOrange on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 am

More pictures from California Ranch Sci School:

Is this the actual classroom ?

School bus:

Notice the PI truck in the very far distance next to Resistance:

Here's a good view of the PI:
Last edited by AnonOrange on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 am

We walked around and examined the California Ranch school for about 10 minutes, looking for strangeness. As we walked back to the car, strangeness happened !

Resistance noticed a truck parked that wasn't there 10 minutes before. As we walked towards the truck we recognized the PI's that were following us before. (We originally didn't think they were PI's since it was a Hispanic couple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwe4Ygxif0

Then I realized I had two mommys, as they gave me a lesson about not stepping up onto incoming traffic !

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:07 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:12 am

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:31 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:11 am

Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 am

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

parrotnutz

Non-E

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 am

Re: Raid: California Ranch Sci School; AnonOrange has two mo

By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation...Edmund Burke
<<

parrotnutz

Non-E

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 am

By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation...Edmund Burke
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 am

<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:34 pm

<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I can't possibly see how homework could be bad. Reading specific books at minimum can be assigned as homework. You really can't waste school time having kids sit in class read books. That can be done at home.

Also, not all kids learn at the same speed. Some kids require extra work and practice, which needs to be done at home.

Before you say homework is bad, go look at the homework levels in China, Korea and Japan. Both are kicking our butts in Science and Engineering.

Besides common sense, the studies prove it:

http://www.sdkrashen.com/articles/hardwork/all.html
The Boat People and the Hard Work Hypothesis

The Boat People, according to Caplan, Choy and Whitmore (1992) came only with "the clothes on their backs." Nevertheless, their children did well in American schools. Caplan et. al., (1989, 1992) examined a subset of these children (n = 355) in grades K through 12 and reported that their overall gradepoint average was 3.02, nearly exactly a B, and they did especially well in math: A group of high school students from their sample (n = 97) scored at the 72nd percentile on the math CAT.

How did they do it? Hard work and family values, according to Caplan et. al., with lots of homework (a specific time set aside for homework every evening, with older children helping the younger ones. Caplan et. al. document this: Those in high school averaged three hours and ten minutes homework per evening, those in junior high two and a half hours. The US average for junior high and high school is 1.5 hours.
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Table 2: Homework and GPA Hours GPA: 1992 GPA: 1996
less than 1 2.3 2.3
1 hr to 2 hrs 2.6 2.6
2 to 3 hrs 2.9 2.8
4 or more 3 3.1
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:11 pm

<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:55 pm

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:06 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

AnonOrange

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Next

Return to General Chatter