[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Overcoming Scientology upbringing

Overcoming Scientology upbringing

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

JimJam

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Overcoming Scientology upbringing

I've noticed that some people brought up in Scientology sadly walk out of the experience at a severe disadvantage. While others, are doing exceedingly well. Not every ExSci kid had the same experience. Some were severely neglected, some received a very poor education, some went through very rough abuse.

I want to say, just because some of you may have started out 10 yards behind the starting line doesn't mean you can't make up for that and get ahead. There are any number of Ex Sci kids that have overcome their background to do well in life.

I hate to see people with so much potential not ask for help & not work their way back up.

* For those who did not get their high school diploma, you can still get a GED.

* For those who got their high school diploma, but know they received a sub-par education, you still advance your education in areas that you might be behind on by getting an associates degree through your local community college.

* For those who suffered abuses in Scientology, are you finding ways to deal with them so that they no longer negatively affect you? It could come in the form of talking over the abuses with others. It could come in form of speaking out. It could come in the form of helping out other people who were in your situation.

tl;dr:
* Do you feel like you are behind in any areas of life? If so, what are they?
* What do you think you could do to make things better for yourself?
* Have you taken steps to make things better?
* Do you ask for help?
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm

<<

JimJam

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 pm

<<

JimJam

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm

<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 am

Thank you for the info jimjam ,
what has helped me get over this is being a active protester ...

some how its helping my soul free it self..

it makes my eye wide open... it was hard for me to admit that I was raised with the anti christ meaning scientology...

I just got dissconnected from my dad last august ...we were pitted against each other .... like all my other loved ones...

and scientology has made loads of lies about me to my dad... and its sicking to me because none of it is true ,
scientology all way demomize you if you do not agree...
<<

JimJam

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:20 am

<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 am

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 am

<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:00 am

<<

Quietheart

Forum Moderator

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 am

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 am

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:14 pm

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)

Return to General Chatter