[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Dazed and Confused

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:55 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Kristal, your situation has my sympathy and understanding. I wish you luck with it. If you love him and he loves you, things should work out for the best. [knocks on wood]

Like Oderous said, people need a purpose to direct themselves in life. My job and various writings have been my purposes, as has staying in the good graces of myself and my friends. You have been reading my posts on this board, so you know something of my issues. I know much of yours as well. I don't know your husband, though, so I may not be able to offer the best advice. I hope what I can give is enough.

It may help you to discuss with your husband the possible repurcussions for him if he does go back to the CoS. Fanatics such as his former wife are not apt to see his departure and rejoining in the best light. This would be the case even if he gets auditing as opposed to taking courses. Exploring the difficulties which could arise might be beneficial for you both. In my police work, we called this 'visualizing a situation'.

Another idea is for your husband to seek online auditing through the Free Zone or pursue self-auditing through Scientology's books on the subject. He doesn't necessarily have to go directly to them to sort through his problems. I audit myself often on my own concerns, seeking aid from Scientologist friends when I feel it necessary. These people do not help me as official church action and they respect my circumstances and desire to stay outside. Perhaps your husband can find folk of similar sympathies at his Org.

Whatever happens, please do your best to keep your temper and acknowledge his perspective. Be a source of refuge for him, not a 'potential trouble source' (you may need someone more familiar with Scientology's inner workings to fully define that term). I will pray for you both. Good fortune, and if you can, please keep us advised.
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Be strong

Hi Kristal,

DRE took the words out of my mouth. I'll just add a bit more:

An "auditor" is one who listens. I think that being listened to by someone who really cares is the important part of auditing. When you are there for your husband, and you just listen, and you really care about him, and he knows it, you are giving him what he needs.

Wish you the best,
Mac
It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 pm

This is why I was saying to keep him away from Scientologists. He doesn't have a "terminal"...a person to talk to.

There are good things in Scientology but as a whole it's criminal.
Good luck.
Last edited by Iknowtoomuch on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:32 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:49 am

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:19 pm

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:28 pm

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 pm

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:35 pm

<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Last edited by RonTheCon on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:21 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:41 pm

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:45 pm

<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:38 pm