[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - What should go in a presentation about Scientology?

What should go in a presentation about Scientology?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

FishyFred

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

What should go in a presentation about Scientology?

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Here are some ways I unnerved Scientologist staff frequently during my time inside:

Use the following phrase: "I already know much about what you believe and do. The Internet is a wonderful thing."

Call attention to the costs of being a Scientologist. Question whether they are really fair, necessary, and right. Personally I don't think it's good to charge money for spiritual counseling. Donations are fine, but set fees before help are not. I could only stand them so long.

Question every "absolute truth" they share with you which is easily countered by your personal experience and/or common sense. Do it with a doubting expression if not actual words.

If they leave you alone, take the time to wander around the Org and spy on things. Don't get into stuff you shouldn't, or at least, try not to let them know if you do. Make sure they know you wandered, though. The possibilities of what you did while unobserved will bother them.

Never confirm or deny that you are a critic of Scientology.

Go in with your mind open. Be ready to learn things you did not know before. Also be ready to teach things your audience did not know.

Refrain from profanity, insults, and outbursts of anger. Being pleasant and calm works better to befriend people and counter their tempers.

Don't wear masks. Yes, masks conceal one's identity and protect from Fair Game. But they also bring dehumanization to a situation by intimidating audiences and concealing the wearers' emotions. These things are not good.

Give the Scis the right to First Amendment freedoms. Remind them, however, that their rights stop where those of other people who have the same rights begin.

Slip cards with the URLs of anti-CoS websites into their literature if you get the chance to do so unobserved. Who knows? Maybe the next person who reads that copy of Dianetics will find your card, get curious, and learn about a perspective on their religion of which they need to be aware.

Remember that you are doing a brave thing. Even if what you do has negative consequences for you, that should only give you more ammo for your cause. Feel free to share this with the CoS if things get tough.

Be patient, but not that patient. They will try to show you a hundred different videos, tests, and pamphlets. Only do what you have time for and make sure they know you don't have time for everything. Or a desire to do everything, as the case may be.

Make them remember you. Make them think, make them wonder, make them laugh.

Unsettle them. But don't piss them off if you can avoid it.

Have fun.
<<

FishyFred

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:29 pm

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:35 pm

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:38 am

mikolot mayim rabim adirim, mishbarai'yam
--Ps. 93
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:50 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 am

I'm glad you did it, speckled. They're gonna listen to you more than me. [knocks on wood] I thought about saying what you said, but then I remembered I once did this very same thing they're doing back in the days before I joined and left CoS. I had about the same attitude too. The visit was an eye-opener. Maybe letting things happen likewise for them would be best, I decided. We'll see if I'm right.

In any case, good luck on your trip, FishyFred.
<<

FishyFred

Non-E

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Return to General Chatter