[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Rathbun and Rinder the good guys....?

Rathbun and Rinder the good guys....?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Rathbun and Rinder the good guys....?

Decided to make this a new thread for a proper discussion.

On WWP especially the debate is raging about what the reason for Rathbun and Rinder talking to the SP Times. The consensus seems to be that either Rathbun or Rinder, or potentially both, will make a play for power over the organization if Davey the dwarf goes down. Now some of you may know these people, and I ask you; Would this be a favourable outcome?

The way I see it both of them have blood on their hands and as much to answer for as DM himself. In addition they have headfulls of bad ideas put there by scientology, and far as I can see a shift in power towards either of the two will mean a "church" that may be kinder to its staff, but will be still be a money grubbing scam, and worse yet; Will still be a place where untrained and unlicensed dumbos are allowed to play medical professionals, ENDING lives as it has done on several occasions.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Rathbun and Rinder the good guys....?

right shouldn't it go back to annie and pat?
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:18 pm

But you see, all this in the end will contribute to is yet another steaming layer of crap on the reputation of Scientology. And regardles, if they manage to overthrow DM and take over, they will still be playing a lost game.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:09 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:51 pm

<<

Jo

EPFer

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:40 pm

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Marty Rathbun is, of course, a practicing Scientologist as part of the "Independent Field" or "Free Zone." As others have said previously, it seems very unlikely that he will re-enter the CoS and assume a position of power.

It is possible that he will do as David Mayo did in the '80s and start a "squirrel group" like the Advance Ability Center. Whereas Mayo failed, largely as a result of relentless CoS attacks, it is possible that Rathbun could attract a sizeable following and survive whatever the CoS would throw at him.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Avery1

Clear

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:10 pm

<<

Kerry

Non-E

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 pm

<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Rathbun and Rinder the good guys....?

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 am

Frank Herbert
<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 pm

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Frank Herbert
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:55 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 am

Because it would destroy my family. There are people that I love that would/could go into a downward spiral that I fear that they may not recover from... people with life-long investments in SCN.

The Truth hurts sometimes, and in my case, it would cut both ways... In a way, its kind of a "risk vs reward" issue. Sure, I may be able to cause some PR damage to the machine, but at what personal cost and what difference would it ultimately make?

Many times I have considered outing myself publicly at an Anon protest directly after mixing and mingling with old acquaintances... maybe I am too chicken-shit to do it, maybe I am so full of myself that I want to make the biggest impact possible... but right now, the risk is too high and the reward too little.

Sure, its pretty callous of me, but I am not the nicest person in the world.

Frank Herbert
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 am

I'm not just talking to you, it's ex's in general. Look at the list that was compiled over those who have already gone public, if only all of them would open their mouths and speak, I don't think the CoS would have time to respond before it all came crumbling down
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 am

A united front would be pretty badass

Frank Herbert
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Next

Return to General Chatter