[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - How I came to experience LRH Study tech@Delpi+reflections&am

How I came to experience LRH Study tech@Delpi+reflections&am

Moderator: doubleVee

No votes
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

NotThenNotNow

Non-E

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:12 am

How I came to experience LRH Study tech@Delpi+reflections&am

<<

MsBustaMove

EPFer

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:59 pm

As with all things creative, I think that most of LRH tech, including study tech was "evolved" (ripped off, plagerized, developed) from already existing sources.
I, of course, can't site a specific instance. LRH always came across his tech by divine enlightenment, or something, I guess. So, there no source that can be cited where he said, "Oh, I borrowed this idea from Buddism, Montessori, the Big JC, or whatever.
But, since Montessori, was weel in full swing by the time LRH study tech came around, I would assume some or a large percentage was borrowed from it.
If you're thinking about sending your kids to Delphi, be sure you're finances are sound, 'cause it ain't cheap!

MBM
'Cause when I'm gonna make a move, I'm gonna bust it!
<<

NotThenNotNow

Non-E

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:52 am

Thanks for the insight.

Actually, I am also curious if anyone has discussed where the "tech" was otained from as that would be probably be an interesting story. The Montessori method is was not protected vigorously by copyright and was more an early "open source" tech. Maria Montessori's objectives were not financial gain but societal gain.

As for whether or not I would be considering that school for my children the simple answer is no. I believe that most kids will do better with traditional systems supplemented by outside activities and if that fails, pitch in copious amounts of love, compassion, support and understanding. Had a board like this been available I doubt my parents would have allowed me to go, even briefly, but it is pretty cool that they did support my curiosity.

+++++++++
As with all things creative, I think that most of LRH tech, including study tech was "evolved" (ripped off, plagerized, developed) from already existing sources.
I, of course, can't site a specific instance. LRH always came across his tech by divine enlightenment, or something, I guess. So, there no source that can be cited where he said, "Oh, I borrowed this idea from Buddism, Montessori, the Big JC, or whatever.
But, since Montessori, was weel in full swing by the time LRH study tech came around, I would assume some or a large percentage was borrowed from it.
If you're thinking about sending your kids to Delphi, be sure you're finances are sound, 'cause it ain't cheap!

MBM

Gus

Non-E

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:35 am

Re: How I came to experience LRH Study tech@Delpi+reflection

Return to Scientology Education